Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com All BGP Team

Featured Replies

Maybe I'm not getting something

 

He's on the team as an ATH.. What is there to not get?

  • Replies 113
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much disagree about Jonathan Jackson not being one of the linebackers or even running back. With Graves County being right in my backyard and I have seen Katzman up close and while Katzman is good, he is not even close to Jackson. There is not anybody in this area that would rather have Katzman over Jackson (except Graves). This to me shows how flawed all the the post season teams are.

 

snake ... I think it is more of a credit to be named Athlete on this team than be named to one position or another. Look at that list of names in the Athlete category. Jackson was more than a RB and more than a LB so he needs to be named Athlete to get full credit for who he was on the field.

Numbers may be in Bir and McCoy's favor, but talent falls on the side in a large way for Bolin. Barker would be a better argument against Bolin than either Bir or McCoy IMO.

 

McCoy made it where he should have, as an athlete. Kid is a football player.

I was happy to see Jordan and Bertram from Trinity get recognized. I really thought Jordan had a great season.

McCoy made it where he should have, as an athlete. Kid is a football player.

 

I agree, and the same goes for Woodside from Franklin County.

I was happy to see Jordan and Bertram from Trinity get recognized. I really thought Jordan had a great season.

 

 

While Hatcher got (and deserved) a lot of praise for his play this year, Jordan and Betram really impressed me in the several games I watched Trinity play this year. Teams wanted to be able to run the ball between the tackles in order to stay away from Hatcher, but because Jordan and Betram were so tough against the run up the middle, teams had to pass or try to run wide. When they did, Hatcher was usually there waiting for them. Trinity's front seven was as good a front seven that I've seen in quite a while (although I'm really looking forward to watching Highlands front seven this coming season. It should be a special one too).

snake ... I think it is more of a credit to be named Athlete on this team than be named to one position or another. Look at that list of names in the Athlete category. Jackson was more than a RB and more than a LB so he needs to be named Athlete to get full credit for who he was on the field.

 

Thanks for pointing that out VOR...I, like my friend snake, did not understand how it worked. It states that the BGP team is composed of the 12 best offensive players, and the 12 best defensive players in the state, and then there are 12 ADDITIONAL players...kinda sounded like these 12 additional players were good but not in the class of the other 24. But I see it differently now.

Congrats to all on the BGP team and I am not surprised that it surely is the best all star selections made to date. Great job committee!

It states that the BGP team is composed of the 12 best offensive players, and the 12 best defensive players in the state, and then there are 12 ADDITIONAL players...kinda sounded like these 12 additional players were good but not in the class of the other 24.

 

That is how I see it. Disapointing to me.

Maybe it should be worded differently then.

 

Is this the first time someone from Mayfield has made the BGP team? It's been like this as long as I can remember. There is no second team. There is no honorable mention. You either make it or you don't. It truly blows my mind someone is disappointed in a player making the team but not in a 'position'. Really? Really?

Maybe it should be worded differently then.

 

Is this the first time someone from Mayfield has made the BGP team? It's been like this as long as I can remember. There is no second team. There is no honorable mention. You either make it or you don't. It truly blows my mind someone is disappointed in a player making the team but not in a 'position'. Really? Really?

 

 

No maybe to it, it clearly says best 12 offensive and best 12 defensive players. I am very disapointed because he is one of the 12 best and he played all 15 games. Really, really reallly!

No maybe to it, it clearly says best 12 offensive and best 12 defensive players. I am very disapointed because he is one of the 12 best and he played all 15 games. Really, really reallly!

 

Semantics........

 

 

having a hard time seeing what is wrong with this........

 

 

 

Unique to The All-BluegrassPreps.com football team is the special recognition of 12 additional players. These players have demonstrated the exceptional athletic ability that embodies the spirit of high school football.

 

What do the All BGP players receive for making the team?

Maybe it should be worded differently then.

 

Is this the first time someone from Mayfield has made the BGP team? It's been like this as long as I can remember. There is no second team. There is no honorable mention. You either make it or you don't. It truly blows my mind someone is disappointed in a player making the team but not in a 'position'. Really? Really?

 

Couldn't agree more. Alot of players are worthy of being on this list or at a minimum creating a 2nd team or honorable mention. Sure I'm biased but no one will tell me that players like Barker, McCoy or Aaron Morgan don't belong on this list somehwhere from a 2nd team or HM standpoint.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.