Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com All BGP Team

Featured Replies

Couldn't agree more. Alot of players are worthy of being on this list or at a minimum creating a 2nd team or honorable mention. Sure I'm biased but no one will tell me that players like Barker, McCoy or Aaron Morgan don't belong on this list somehwhere from a 2nd team or HM standpoint.

 

 

McCoy is on it as an athlete..

  • Replies 113
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No maybe to it, it clearly says best 12 offensive and best 12 defensive players. I am very disapointed because he is one of the 12 best and he played all 15 games. Really, really reallly!

 

Very confused as to why you are so upset.. Like others have posted before me. This team is 1st team offense, 1st team defense, and a list of ATH. The ATH category, in most people's opinions, other than yours would show that the player has excelled in all areas of the game. Offense, Defense, Special Teams etc. If you are saying that ATH is not a position, then why do colleges recruit HS players as ATH? Because they can play multiple, and fit into many schemes.

 

Personally, I feel like it's a bit more of an honor to be placed in the Athlete category.

Very confused as to why you are so upset.. Like others have posted before me. This team is 1st team offense, 1st team defense, and a list of ATH. The ATH category, in most people's opinions, other than yours would show that the player has excelled in all areas of the game. Offense, Defense, Special Teams etc. If you are saying that ATH is not a position, then why do colleges recruit HS players as ATH? Because they can play multiple, and fit into many schemes.

 

Personally, I feel like it's a bit more of an honor to be placed in the Athlete category.

 

 

I agree with the bolded 100%.

Great job IMO.

How does this set with Xavierian Nation? With the stable of elite running backs, etc., and not a whisper on the team?

 

No clyburn? That's what doesn't sit we'll with me

With all the debate about QB, I'd have to step in and say the Coach of the Year was right on.

congrats coach Borchers

 

Agree with the choice also.

 

If there could have been a 1A and a 1B, Borchers would have been 1A and Lewis of Collins would have been 1B as he accomplished pretty much the same thing that Borchers did. Only difference I can see is that Borcher's Cooper team gave Bowling Green a much better game for the state title than Lewis' Collins team gave Highlands. If Collins returns to the state game this Fall and either wins it or gives the representative from the East a good game, Lewis would have to be one of the favorites I'd think.

No clyburn? That's what doesn't sit we'll with me

 

Did you nominate him for the team?

Did you nominate him for the team?

 

No. I'm sure some one did though. This team is only nominated players?

No. I'm sure some one did though. This team is only nominated players?

 

I believe so. That's what separates this team from others in the state. The BGP members are asked to nominate players and send in the reasoning for the nomination and ultimately selection to the team. I have nominated a few players in the past and when I nominated them I sent in a pretty long list of stats and examples from games as to why that player was deserving. There is usually a post describing exactly what they are looking for in nominations towards the end of the football season. Someone involved with selecting the team could answer your question more accurately but I remember sending in a huge email with my reasoning behind Rees Macshara being a member of the team.

No. I'm sure some one did though. This team is only nominated players?

 

We did get a nomination for him but the nomination was extremely basic.

 

No doubt Deontae is a fine football player!

We did get a nomination for him but the nomination was extremely basic.

 

No doubt Deontae is a fine football player!

So the team is judged by nomination quality rather than on field performance? And impact?

Clyburn was the best lb in the state this year.

So the team is judged by nomination quality rather than on field performance? And impact?

 

The team is judged to the best of our ability.

 

I have said this numerous times in the past, the more detail in the nomination the better. In general terms, nominations that list four or five players and give little or no detail about the players are not as effective as nominations where someone takes the time to give detailed stats and video links.

Very confused as to why you are so upset.. Like others have posted before me. This team is 1st team offense, 1st team defense, and a list of ATH. The ATH category, in most people's opinions, other than yours would show that the player has excelled in all areas of the game. Offense, Defense, Special Teams etc. If you are saying that ATH is not a position, then why do colleges recruit HS players as ATH? Because they can play multiple, and fit into many schemes.

 

Personally, I feel like it's a bit more of an honor to be placed in the Athlete category.

 

 

I feel like he is one of the best if not the best LB in the state and that would place him on the first team defense based on the wording as I understand its meaning, but it is just one biased persons opinion and clearly the voters felt otherwise

The team is judged to the best of our ability.

 

I have said this numerous times in the past, the more detail in the nomination the better. In general terms, nominations that list four or five players and give little or no detail about the players are not as effective as nominations where someone takes the time to give detailed stats and video links.

 

I totally understand what you are saying but as far as clyburn is concerned given what you all know a simple nomination should be enough is all I'm saying. But to be left off the list. Wow I'm stunned.

I feel like he is one of the best if not the best LB in the state and that would place him on the first team defense based on the wording as I understand its meaning, but it is just one biased persons opinion and clearly the voters felt otherwise

 

So you'd rather be at LB than at ATH where he is being honored for his success as a RB and as LB? Am I reading that correctly? It's my understanding that Jonathon Jackson excelled at both positions and proved to be one of the better all around football players in the state as well as one of the best athletes in the state. I hate that you feel he is being slighted by not being given a 'position'. That clearly is not the intent to slight him or to say he isn't good enough. He is honored as one of the 36 best players in the state. I'm sorry that isn't enough for you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.