Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com All BGP Team

Featured Replies

  • Replies 113
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolin was the one without legs to stand on. Please tell me where I said Collinsworth should be all state in 2009. How do you know how I feel about him making all state? Are you assuming that I said Collinsworth deserved it?

 

 

My fault. I thought you Highlands folks stuck together. I never would have thought that you didn't think one of your own wasn't deserving. I do remember getting hammered every time I said he wasn't deserving of Mr. Football.

My fault. I thought you Highlands folks stuck together. I never would have thought that you didn't think one of your own wasn't deserving. I do remember getting hammered every time I said he wasn't deserving of Mr. Football.

 

His situation was a little different, but I feel missing significant time should not translate into postseason awards. Not getting hurt is part of the game. You can't say what could have happened, because it didn't happen.

His situation was a little different, but I feel missing significant time should not translate into postseason awards. Not getting hurt is part of the game. You can't say what could have happened, because it didn't happen.

 

 

I can see both sides of the argument. Some guys just have undeniable talent.

Congratulations to Cooper coach Randy Borchers for his selection as Coach of the Year. Very well deserved. Coach Borchers has done an incredibile job in building the Cooper program from the ground up. Congrats Coach Borchers!

I can see both sides of the argument. Some guys just have undeniable talent.

 

If I were a coach, I would take a healthy Kyle Bolin over any other QB in the state. He has the best talent when healthy, BUT he wasn't healthy. I don't know. A good thread might be, what should the criteria be for the All-State team.

Congratulations to Cooper coach Randy Borchers for his selection as Coach of the Year. Very well deserved. Coach Borchers has done an incredibile job in building the Cooper program from the ground up. Congrats Coach Borchers!

 

I agree. I am going to be very interested in seeing Cooper next year. They lose a great senior class. Coach Borchers and Cooper will get a chance next year to show how good the program is.

The team is judged to the best of our ability.

 

I have said this numerous times in the past, the more detail in the nomination the better. In general terms, nominations that list four or five players and give little or no detail about the players are not as effective as nominations where someone takes the time to give detailed stats and video links.

 

Let me help a brother out. This is what I said about Newport Catholic's Brady Thacker, who by the way is a member of this team.

 

Brady Thacker LB, Newport Central Catholic

 

 

IMO and many others, Brady is the reason the Breds won the state title! On and off the the field he is the type of player ANY coach would want. He plays the game hard at all times, never taking a play off. His only disadvantage is his height, but he plays well above that. As Mexitucky said in a post, "Always where he was supposed to be, and there with purpose". If he wants to continue playing, I hope the coaches overlook his height and appreciate the player.

 

IMO, If he doesn't get injuried last year (2011) NewCath goes undefeated, and if healthy at the beginning of this year, they win 3 of the 4 they lost. The kid simply makes that much of a difference to the team. No one worked harder to succeed than Brady. Cain, Hayes, Franzen, & Smith got all the ink, but Brady was the heart an soul of this team bar none, without him this team goes nowhere. If you were to ask the coaches and fans they would agree. Of all the seniors they lose, Brady is the BIGGEST loss.

 

I liken Brady to Ray Lewis, minus the size and trouble of course. Passion, hard work, determination, dedication......all the intangibles, thats' Brady.

And I agree with every word of that LB. He was a difference maker for sure and deserves any and all accolades he gets. Good job nominating him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.