Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com All BGP Team

Featured Replies

I'm obviously "in the bag" for Barker but if he only plays 7 games next year I'd argue that he still might be the best but I'd also say he wouldn't deserve the nomination.

 

One dude's opinion.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six from Trinity. Pretty impressive!!!! Great to be part of the ROCK Nation

I'm obviously "in the bag" for Barker but if he only plays 7 games next year I'd argue that he still might be the best but I'd also say he wouldn't deserve the nomination.

 

One dude's opinion.

 

 

Everybody is different. I'd still argue for Barker in that scenario.

 

I'm guessing whoever nominated Bolin gave one hell of an argument.

Everybody is different. I'd still argue for Barker in that scenario.

 

I'm guessing whoever nominated Bolin gave one hell of an argument.

 

His per-game numbers were less than Bir/Barker/McCoy so, yes, it would have had to be one persuasive argument.

Numbers may be in Bir and McCoy's favor, but talent falls on the side in a large way for Bolin. Barker would be a better argument against Bolin than either Bir or McCoy IMO.

Numbers may be in Bir and McCoy's favor, but talent falls on the side in a large way for Bolin. Barker would be a better argument against Bolin than either Bir or McCoy IMO.

 

Numbers have to play a part. Otherwise we just watch the scholarship news and pick the team. McCoy had a crazy good year running AND throwing. Same with Barker.

We had a really tough time deciding on the QB and the fact that Bolin missed some games made it extremely difficult but at the end of the day we feel he was the best QB.

 

Also remember McCoy is on the team (it is a team) and Barker would be the preseason favorite for our All BGP QB next year.

 

The others mentioned are also fine QBs and there are others we could debate too. Again, QB was very tough for us.

I very much disagree about Jonathan Jackson not being one of the linebackers or even running back. With Graves County being right in my backyard and I have seen Katzman up close and while Katzman is good, he is not even close to Jackson. There is not anybody in this area that would rather have Katzman over Jackson (except Graves). This to me shows how flawed all the the post season teams are.

With all the debate about QB, I'd have to step in and say the Coach of the Year was right on.

congrats coach Borchers

I very much disagree about Jonathan Jackson not being one of the linebackers or even running back. With Graves County being right in my backyard and I have seen Katzman up close and while Katzman is good, he is not even close to Jackson. There is not anybody in this area that would rather have Katzman over Jackson (except Graves). This to me shows how flawed all the the post season teams are.

 

snake, you just made the case for Jackson being one of the athletes!

snake, you just made the case for Jackson being one of the athletes!

 

Maybe I'm not getting something

Great group of players and congrats to them all.

Finally, an All State team committee that put some effort and thought into it that finally made some sense.

BGP has separated themselves from the amateurs and has my vote as the leading authority of H.S. Sports...:thumb:

Maybe I'm not getting something

Jackson was one of the best linebackers. He was also one of the best running backs. That is why he is on the ATH list. He's a great well rounded athlete not just a great linebacker or a great running back. The athlete portion of the team are players that excelled at multiple positions, more so then just one position. It is a testament to his athletic ability.

With all the debate about QB, I'd have to step in and say the Coach of the Year was right on.

congrats coach Borchers

I would have to agree. Borchers was defiantly deserving. Hat's off to him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.