Turf being replaced at Trinity

All Tell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you thinking reuse? I know a school in BC that could use a turf field!!!!!

I've had other schools come and ask about re-use of old surfaces for a couple of projects I've worked on. If the surface was being replaced early, there's some potential (but not much) for it to be re-used elsewhere, but it will still only be usable for a matter of a year or two...or maybe three at most. The surfaces have to be replaced after about 10 years because the material becomes more abrasive due to weathering, and especially when it comes to football, that's a bad thing to be intentionally laying down as your "new" field surface. When you look at the cost of things all told for re-use, it's not a financially responsible decision to make.

What brand of turf did Trinity install?

I can't remember but I recall it being something other than Field Turf, which is what Belfry installed in 2005.

I'm not sure who Trinity used initially, but nowdays there are PLENTY of companies out there with products. I just picked up a stack of proposals from an athletic facility project I bid on a couple months back...and I got bids for:

Field Turf

PolyTurf

Pro Turf

A-Turf

TigerTurf

Sprinturf

AstroTurf

Shaw

Xtreme Turf

Twenty-Four/Seven

SportGrass

I would guess it's not "TigerTurf".

As a matter of fact there are no X's in the stadium. On the field where there is usually an X to mark the line for the kickoff there are Power Ts and in the structure of the stands where the steel bracing would have formed an X it was re-configured so that it forms an inverted V.

As a matter of fact there are no X's in the stadium. On the field where there is usually an X to mark the line for the kickoff there are Power Ts and in the structure of the stands where the steel bracing would have formed an X it was re-configured so that it forms an inverted V.

That is a great fact. I love that a school would go to that extreme for the game. Very nice.

I believe there are health benefits to using artificial turf as well, which doesn't necessarily show up in a cost analysis. Esp. in Oct. when real grass fields are as hard as concrete, would seem to be a great help in that area.