Turf being replaced at Trinity

All Tell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess it was pretty frayed. Had not noticed this past spring during a lacrosse game.

10 years is most you get from a 'well used' field of the era. I think LexCath's first turf was installed in 2000 or 2001. There are specific tests for a) abrasion and b) bounce. Abrasion is a MRSA issue since open skin is more at risk and the bounce issue is related to concussions. So both need to be evaluated on older fields.

IMG_7030_cropforum.jpg

The initial outlay is daunting no doubt but I wonder whar costs would be incurred with a well maintained natural turf field over 8-10 years of heavy use? Also how much revenue could a school see if they are able to rent their facility without worrying about inclement weather.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

^ From talking with Coach Lampley...we actually come out a little ahead on this.....you have to maintain a grass field....water it, cut it....etc...plus the labor of maintenance and the forfeiture of quality surface in adverse weather.....

There were a ton of wins on that turf....surprised Trinity didn't auction it off.