Top Soccer Schools This Year - Boys and Girls

MBKT

As the season winds down and playoffs are right around the corner... which schools seem to be favored to win soccer state this year, Boys and Girls?

With Cov Cath's style of play, coaching and talent, they would be my favorite for the boys. Had a bad loss to Highlands but they are the best team in NKY.

For girls I would say Notre Dame is the favorite and I would go with Brossart as a sleeper.

NKY Boys Player of the Year should be split between Luke Treadway and Aven Harper. Harper doesn't get much love playing for Pendleton County but he is a great player.

Treadway: 26 goals, 6 assist

Harper: 30 goals, 18 assist

NKY Girls Player of the Year should be Libby Leedom from Saint Henry but could receive some competition from Ellie Eckerle (Notre Dame) and Taylor Robinson (Campbell County).

Girls coach of the year should go to Kevin Turnick of NCC. Boys coach of the year should go to Brian Goller of Bishop Brossart but Jeremy Roberts from Cov Cath could win it. I think Brian Goller is hands down my coach of the year. He will be a Kentucky High School Hall of Famer for soccer when it is all said and done. He has been coaching for over 15 years and has had a lot if success at a small school. One of the best guys coaching today.

With Cov Cath's style of play, coaching and talent, they would be my favorite for the boys. Had a bad loss to Highlands but they are the best team in NKY.

For girls I would say Notre Dame is the favorite and I would go with Brossart as a sleeper.

NKY Boys Player of the Year should be split between Luke Treadway and Aven Harper. Harper doesn't get much love playing for Pendleton County but he is a great player.

Treadway: 26 goals, 6 assist

Harper: 30 goals, 18 assist

NKY Girls Player of the Year should be Libby Leedom from Saint Henry but could receive some competition from Ellie Eckerle (Notre Dame) and Taylor Robinson (Campbell County).

Girls coach of the year should go to Kevin Turnick of NCC. Boys coach of the year should go to Brian Goller of Bishop Brossart but Jeremy Roberts from Cov Cath could win it. I think Brian Goller is hands down my coach of the year. He will be a Kentucky High School Hall of Famer for soccer when it is all said and done. He has been coaching for over 15 years and has had a lot if success at a small school. One of the best guys coaching today.

Girls coach to NCC..??is is the same coach that dropped the ball on the girls JV tournament. Whatever! There are several girls coaches that deserve it more, like BB, NDA, St Henry, that play harder schedules and perform well. Have to wait and see who goes deep into post season.

Girls player of the year should also have NDA's keeper(Voskuhl) in the mix or defender Lonnemann from NDA.

Girls coach to NCC..??is is the same coach that dropped the ball on the girls JV tournament. Whatever! There are several girls coaches that deserve it more, like BB, NDA, St Henry, that play harder schedules and perform well. Have to wait and see who goes deep into post season.

Girls player of the year should also have NDA's keeper(Voskuhl) in the mix or defender Lonnemann from NDA.

I am not sure about the JV Tournament. I did not hear anything about that and I don't follow NewCath soccer very much. I just new that their numbers were down this year and don't think they were expected to win as many games as they did. Everyone knew that NDA and St.Henry were going to be 1 and 2 in any order. By now, around here, it is expected of them. I know that is not their fault but that is the way some people will look at it. I would have to disagree that BB or St. Henry have played a tougher schedule than NCC. I would say pretty even on those 3. Notre Dame schedule is by far the toughest.

Just curious. Does anyone want to share thoughts on good soccer players who aren't necessarily from dominant teams? There must be some. Has anyone seen any?

Harper: 30 goals, 18 assist.

IMO, when a kid from a nondominant team is recognized like this, he must be a pretty special athlete. Nice assist numbers.

I agree with kings 102876... Notre Dame and St. Henry will be tough outs but when its comes to the region they will probably have to play eachother and one will be gone. In the 10th region Brossart should win it, there is Campbell Co also. If I had to pick a sleeper... Watch out for Dixie. They have a good team and just beat St. Henry.

Brossart defensive players should get a little love from somebody. They have only allowed maybe 8 goals this year while playing a very tough schedule. Played last night to a 0-0 tie at ryle in a cold rain storm. Schedule says they play SK Wend. night at SK and NDA at their place Thursday. These should give everyone a good idea where they stand. I like there chances.:popcorn:

I agree with kings 102876... Notre Dame and St. Henry will be tough outs but when its comes to the region they will probably have to play eachother and one will be gone. In the 10th region Brossart should win it, there is Campbell Co also. If I had to pick a sleeper... Watch out for Dixie. They have a good team and just beat St. Henry.

I agree. Dixie has a great team. They were one of my favorites at the beginning of the season after seeing them play at Soccerama but have quietly been winning the games they should and have started to turn it on late. They may have the fastest midfield in NKY with sophomore Lauren Nemoroff and senior Anna Crosthwaite (One of the toughest players I have seen play this year). They will be a tough out having 10 seniors.

LT is having a good numbers year, but I think OPOY goes to Harper because of the assist numbers along with the goals. "Offense" refers to scoring, not just your goals, and to be part of over 88% of the teams goals (total of 52 with assist/goal total of the 59), is really hard to argue with.........

Here is a site that ranks the teams by districts........not sure how the figures are calculated....

https://sites.google.com/site/mahersoccerrankings/2012-high-school-soccer

How do defenders get credit without numbers to prove there worth (goals/assists):confused:

There is a DPOY (defensive player of the year) as well as a MVP named. They get looks in those categories.........

I'm an old fullback........I think I still hold the record for most shots over the goal.......didn't even get one OPOY vote.