Top Soccer Schools This Year - Boys and Girls

MBKT

Harper doesn't get much love playing for Pendleton County but he is a great player

Player of the year likely not coming from an 8-11 team.

Girls coach of the year should go to Kevin Turnick of NCC

Brossart's girls coach doing more with less.

Although it does, record shouldn't matter when it comes to player of the year. PCHS has a pretty good team this year. Record is below .500 but no reason Harper shouldn't be considered for POY.

Although it does, record shouldn't matter when it comes to player of the year. PCHS has a pretty good team this year. Record is below .500 but no reason Harper shouldn't be considered for POY.

I think you need a resume like last year's KY Gatorade POTY Neil Henley:

Athletic achievement: Henley led the Tigers to a 27-1-1 record and the state championship this past season. He scored 29 goals and passed for 18 assists, including eight goals and eight assists in eight postseason games. A two-time First Team All-State selection and a 2011 All-Tournament honoree, Henley was an All-South Region pick by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America. He concluded his prep soccer career with 49 goals and 32 assists.

Brossart's girls coach doing more with less.

How do you figure Brossart is doing more with less than NCC. Based upon the few times I have seen each play, I would say that Brossart is way more talented than NCC. Many of those girls have played select soccer for several years on the same team and it shows in their play on the field. They have one of the best defenders in Northern Kentucky if not the state in Sam Cetrulo which keeps pressure off the keeper and thus many of their games come down to whether or not they can score on the opponent.

For girls you have to include SHDHS, right? They tied NDA.

St Henry is good and I know they tied NDA but I would say NDA is still a big favorite to win the region. St Henry might not win their district with Dixie being one of the top teams also.