Brandon Moore (St. X) Transferred to Jeffersonville (IN)

AvidTiger

Wouldn't that be Indiana closing the loophole?

No, Kentucky. Doesn't Moore live in Indiana? I thought he did. I was assuming he just went back to play in the state where he lives. So Kentucky needs to tell these kids from Indiana and Ohio that they have to live in Kentucky to play sports in Kentucky.

No, Kentucky. Doesn't Moore live in Indiana? I thought he did. I was assuming he just went back to play in the state where he lives. So Kentucky needs to tell these kids from Indiana and Ohio that they have to live in Kentucky to play sports in Kentucky.

Why?

Why?

It just doesn't seem right for a kid who doesn't live in the state of Kentucky to be allowed to play sports or even attend high school in Ky.

What's the story on this kid? He left St. X on Wednesday and was starting on the football tram at a school in Indiana on Friday night? Ky kids can't do that while staying in state. Why should kids not even living in this state be allowed to do that?

OK. I read it as he lives in Kentucky, not the other way around.

There is a similar situation in N. Ky. with Antonio Campbell, a basketball player at Covington Holy Cross who is a D1 commit to Ohio University. Campbell, then a junior, showed up at Holy Cross right at the start of basketball season last year coming over from Cincinnati. Now, Campbell is apparently going back to Cincinnati to play this year.

This seems to be happening more and more. I believe the KHSAA is going to need to put in a rule that you must live in state to play sports. Ohio already has that rule in place. I am not sure about other neighboring states.