"Legitimate Rape Rarely Produces Pregnancy"

Clyde

Actually, that is what I meant. If we are going to hold drunk drivers accountable for their crimes committed regardless of the mental state produced by their intoxication, then it is a two-way street with "victims." The law, above all, must be consistent. If you get drunk and have sex (typically with another drunk), I don't believe you get to come back the next day and argue that your drunkenness made it "non-consensual," and neither do most juries.

A drunk girl who chooses to get behind the wheel still makes a choice to do so. A drunk girl that has a guy climb on top of her while she is passed out does not make a choice to have sex.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been on the road all day so I haven't read through this thread entirely.

However, THIS post is exactly what I was going to comment on.

We often hear "I'm against abortion UNLESS it's as a result of rape." I've struggled with that logic.

People are against abortion because they believe that it is ending a life . Some say it's murder.

If that's the belief how can the "unless it's as a result of rape" make sense? Are you saying the fetus that is aborted is a lesser human than the alternative?

I have said this time and time again and people look at me like I have two heads.

I have said this time and time again and people look at me like I have two heads.

To me it just shows that there are so many inconsistencies with "abortion is murder." I get the passion. I just don't think people think it through.

So I assume you would punish it like you would punish the person who kills someone during a robbery, correct?

Life in prison?

Yes. James Gill, born 128 days premature (he survived his premature birth) was just half-way through the second trimester of gestation at birth. Baby's can be, and are aborted at this point of pregnancy. Were someone to have walked into his hospital room, dismembered him, and flushed his remains down the drain, they would have been charged with murder. The only difference between him and a child being aborted late term is his location - in the womb, or in a hospital incubator.

Yes. James Gill, born 128 days premature (he survived his premature birth) was just half-way through the second trimester of gestation at birth. Baby's can be, and are aborted at this point of pregnancy. Were someone to have walked into his hospital room, dismembered him, and flushed his remains down the drain, they would have been charged with murder. The only difference between him and a child being aborted late term is his location - in the womb, or in a hospital incubator.

I appreciate your candor, holmes.

Scenarios:

1. 18 yr old senior in high school gets lost going home and ends up lost in E St Louis where some gangbangers rape her and she ends up pregnant. She and her family choose to have an abortion.

2. As a cruel prank some high school seniors decide to see who can get with the mentally handicapped 18 yr old and that girl ends up pregnant. She and her family decide she will have an abortion.

3. Girl ends up pregnant as a result of her dad forcing himself upon her. Family decides for her to have an abortion.

4. 35 yr old woman is pregnant. Doctor says she has a high chance of dying if she carries the child to birth. She has 5 other children and a husband. Family decides it's best to have an abortion.

Are you sentencing all 4 to life in prison?

There are lots of scenarios that make things that are otherwise wrong seem like all the more shame. It doesn't make them right.

Two starving mothers in a South American slum are trying to provide for their starving children. One mother is able to find food for her child. Before she can get it home, the other mother steals the food from her to feed her starving child. Is it not wrong for one of them to steal?

There are lots of scenarios that make things that are otherwise wrong seem like all the more shame. It doesn't make them right.

Two starving mothers in a South American slum are trying to provide for their starving children. One mother is able to find food for her child. Before she can get it home, the other mother steals the food from her to feed her starving child. Is it not wrong for one of them to steal?

1. I assume you are saying you would put all 4 in prison for life, correct?

2. Wrong? Yes.

Wrong is not the issue nor debate.

Cheating on your wife is wrong according to the Bible. Are you advocating we put cheaters in jail?