Bill Mike Runyon named Head Coach at Paintsville

JULY 24, 2012

H.S. Basketball

Reports from Paintsville H.S. has announced the hiring of their new boys basketball coach and it is a familiar face that will walk the sideline next season. Former longtime and very sussessful Tigers head basketball coach, Bill Mike Runyon has been named the "NEW" head man. WSIP spoke with Coach Runyon over the phone on Monday to confirm the reports and he stated he would also coach the football program this season. Congratulations to Coach Runyon and welcome back to the 57th District.

All the proof I need.

Why do you ask? What is the history in this situation?

Well, my "source" is a parent(s) from there. And the whole reason, according to them, that the former coach was dismissed was that the younger players' parents were disgruntled, yada, yada. I only know BMR from a distance, but he seems like a guy who doesn't play that game. I suppose that we shall see if they are happy in P'ville soon enough.

Well, my "source" is a parent(s) from there. And the whole reason, according to them, that the former coach was dismissed was that the younger players' parents were disgruntled, yada, yada. I only know BMR from a distance, but he seems like a guy who doesn't play that game. I suppose that we shall see if they are happy in P'ville soon enough.

(sigh)

I'm beginning to wonder if a program where everybody is happy even exists.

I've never heard of the football coach being the basketball coach also. Does anyone know of any others and how successful they were?

I don't think I'd heard of it in the last 20 years or so. Garnis Martin at Bardstown is a name that comes to mind that had great success at both, and that reached into the 70's.

(sigh)

I'm beginning to wonder if a program where everybody is happy even exists.

Not in this state! Parents try to run everything and it usuaully just ends up running the coach out of town and the programs into the ground......

Not in this state! Parents try to run everything and it usuaully just ends up running the coach out of town and the programs into the ground......

Administrations fault.

All it takes is for the administration to say " I deal with academics and only deal with moral/illegal activity with coaches. They make all decisions on their programs."

Do that 2-3 times and 1-2 transfers later parents no longer run the show.

In my experience though, administrators have no "marbles"