Cage fighter 'rips out still-beating heart of training partner

nkufan23

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the heck does "cage fighter" have to do with it? Can someone explain that?

Anyone can be a stinkin cage fighter, I don't see how it adds to the story.

It was his training partner that he did this too...If it was just a random dude maybe they would have left that out but it's still unlikely...If an NBA, NFL or MLB player were to do this I am sure they would include that wouldn't they? He wasn't exactly famous but he was still a professional athlete at that...I'm not sure just anybody can be a cage fighter, they can get in a cage and get killed, but can they kill another person with their bare hands? Wyatt has been consistently considered one of the most mentally unstable athletes in MMA...Drugs and the ability to kill a man with your bare hands don't mix well, this guy could have killed anyone of us with his ability to fight and his MMA training...It makes the story more interesting by including that he was an MMA fighter, it also kind of goes together like a puzzle...Not all MMA fighters are mentally unstable but there are quite a few that I would have too question...

It was his training partner that he did this too...If it was just a random dude maybe they would have left that out but it's still unlikely...If an NBA, NFL or MLB player were to do this I am sure they would include that wouldn't they? He wasn't exactly famous but he was still a professional athlete at that...I'm not sure just anybody can be a cage fighter, they can get in a cage and get killed, but can they kill another person with their bare hands? Wyatt has been consistently considered one of the most mentally unstable athletes in MMA...Drugs and the ability to kill a man with your bare hands don't mix well, this guy could have killed anyone of us with his ability to fight and his MMA training...It makes the story more interesting by including that he was an MMA fighter, it also kind of goes together like a puzzle...Not all MMA fighters are mentally unstable but there are quite a few that I would have too question...

This isn't a professional MMA fighter we're talking about. You are comparing a guy who is likely an amateur mixed martial artist to someone in the NBA, MLB or NFL? Not even close. He's not a UFC fighter. He's a local nobody. There are thousands of them across the nation. There are a lot of people who consider themselves "cage fighters" who have not ever trained a day in their life for actual mixed martial arts.

And yes, anyone can be a cage fighter. Have you ever been to a local MMA show? They pull people from the crowd sometimes to fight. And I'm not talking about fighters that are sitting in the crowd. I'm talking about people who came to watch...

He isn't a professional. He might have one "professional" fight, but this guy isn't a professional.

I know several people who have fought in mma matches. If they go out and murder someone should it say "cage fighter" in the headline because they fought once or twice in a cage?

And I wasn't directing my rant towards you btw. :lol:

I don't understand the objection to the mentioning that he was a cage fighter. The guy killed his cage fighting training partner, it is natural to name him as cage fighter. It was the common thread that tied the two together.

I don't understand the objection to the mentioning that he was a cage fighter. The guy killed his cage fighting training partner, it is natural to name him as cage fighter. It was the common thread that tied the two together.

Couldn't just say they were friends?

I think it would have mattered if he had killed him while they were cage fighting.

Couldn't just say they were friends?

I think it would have mattered if he had killed him while they were cage fighting.

And I should have mentioned that I don't think it would have been a big deal to mention that the two trained together in mma. But what reason, other than getting views, is there to put it in the title?

Him being a cage fighter (mma fighter would be the correct term considering all mma bouts aren't even in a cage) has nothing to do with what happened. I really doubt he used his training to kill his friend considering the drugs he was on.

I'm with you. It's a natural thing to mention for that exact reason.

No doubt the headline is better with "cage fighter" in there, but it isn't out of bounds in my opinion.

If they were partners in an architectural firm, the headline would have said "Architect kills business partner..." It wouldn't matter if he killed him at the office or not, or if he used a protractor as the weapon. The fact that they were business partners is part of the story because it is the link between the two, just like "cage fighting" was in this instance.

So someone rips another guys heart out, Indiana Jones style, and we are discussing why he's being called a cage figther?

A lawyer representing Wyatt has claimed the wild mushrooms caused him to act in such a violent way and had not control over his actions.

‘My client was trying to silence the devil,’ said James Fallman.

‘I think he was having a psychotic fit based on the mushrooms he had.’