NCAA Title Game Makes Strong Statement about HS Football

Toothpick

I realize this, however Ohio by itself is definitely a top 5 state as far as high school football goes.

True, but depending on who you talk to and the year, PA may be ahead of them. Some D1 school putposefully target the Midwest because the attention to similar athletes in California, Florida and of course Texas is so huge they can't compete for scholarship offers. For instance, what chance does IU, UC or UK have of getting a kid that is on OSU, Michigan ND, Florida, USC, Florida State or so ons top list. Hence they find recruiting areas less covered as well as the big three. EMU, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State, and so also look around. And though they are big boyz, they can easily get upset in the recruiting game by the really big dogs. Just my opinion.

Florida, Texas, and California are not only hotbeds for high school football talent because of the pure numbers in population, but also because they warm weather states and the general population is more active and thus, better athletes as a general rule. Also, great high school football tradition certainly doesn't hurt.

Watching the title game I noticed that all but 2 0f the starting 22 (offense and defense) for Texas were from Texas and all but 4 of USC's starters were from Calf. It was like watching a TX vs CA all star game. Both are large states with large populations, is the best HS talent from these two states? I think it makes atleast a strong case. It was amazing to see that many homegrown kids playing for schools of this caliber. U of L and UK obviously have no where near this level of local talent but that is to be expected given the small population of the state. I could not start to imagine what the TX and CA HS all star teams must be like if such exists. Anyone know if they have all star teams in these states and if so who do they play and how have they done?

If I am not mistaking, I think Texas and California does play an all-star game after their high school seasons are over. I actually think that Cali and Florida play an all-star game of some sort also.

fla, cali, texas, ga in that order, then you could say ohio or alabama, louisiana, the southern states for that matter. Virginia puts out alot too. especially the tidewater area.

You're right! The Tidewater area of Virginia has put out some freakish athletes like Michael Vick and Allen Iverson and lots of other solid football talent.

There was a California/Florida All-star game on TV last week. Timmy Tevo played for Florida. Florida crushed the CA team in a mud bowl.

Thats actually Timmy Tebow, and the Florida team crushed the California team like 20 some to 0.

If I am not mistaking, I think Texas and California does play an all-star game after their high school seasons are over. I actually think that Cali and Florida play an all-star game of some sort also.

Thanks for info guys

Now that is a game I would really like to see

• 3 weeks later...