Zimmerman officially released on bond

bugatti

I'm not in the media. You have never been more correct when you say I want to see Zimmerman go to (Little Nicky voice) "the deeeeeeeeep South), by way fo the chair. But it is not an option, so he can jsut go when he goes.

But the point I've always maintained is that Zimmerman murdered this boy. This is not self defense, unless you call picking a fight and getting your arse whipped and shooting the other person because they whipped you self-defense.

And this is why he is going to have a hard time getting a fair jury. If you find someone who does not know anything about this case, I am not sure I would want them on my jury because they would be clueless. And the alternative is, the juror already has his mind made up. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent from the snippets of info coming from the media, but I hope he gets a fair trial. And then chips fall where they may.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in the media. You have never been more correct when you say I want to see Zimmerman go to (Little Nicky voice) "the deeeeeeeeep South), by way fo the chair. But it is not an option, so he can jsut go when he goes.

But the point I've always maintained is that Zimmerman murdered this boy. This is not self defense, unless you call picking a fight and getting your arse whipped and shooting the other person because they whipped you self-defense.

Could you point out the specific evidence supporting your conclusion that Zimmerman picked a fight with Martin?

I understand, and in this case in particular, an unbiased jury will be hard to come by. I am curious, though, of other meanings that might be derived from the first two lines of Zimmerman's apology. What bearing does how old Martin was with being sorry thatn he is dead, beyond that things might have turned out differently had Zimmerman known?

If I shot someone, even in self-defense, I would feel remorse over someone losing his/her life. If that someone was a teenager, I'd feel even worse. Wouldn't you?

I have to think that a normal human being, after an event like this one, would be thinking about the incident over and over again; asking him or herself "what could I have done differently so this teenager didn't lose his life? Should I have stayed in my vehicle? Should I....?" While I think it's very reasonable for Zimmerman to have gotten out of his vehicle to follow and keep track of Martin until the police arrived (as I think I'd have done the same thing), I also think it's very reasonable to think that Zimmerman is now regretting (particularly since a teenager is now dead) getting out of his vehicle. Hence the age of Martin having a bearing on Zimmerman's apology. I might still feel justified in shooting a person (even a teenager) to save my life, but I'd be seriously asking myself if stopping another burglary was worth a person losing his life, even moreso when that person was a teenager. Hence the bearing of Martin's age on Zimmerman's apology. But perhaps you are right. I don't know.

If there is other evidence indicating that Zimmerman intended to shoot Martin when Zimmerman got out of his vehicle, I'd think his apology could support such evidence.

You read the transcript. Based on what was said by Zimmerman (particularly the part where he's discussing where he is and where the police should meet up with him), it doesn't indicate to me that he intended to take the law into his own hands and try to apprehend Martin himself. Does it to you? If I intended to shoot someone when I got out of my vehicle, would I call the police to begin with? Would I tell the police my location? Would I make a point of telling the dispatcher a location where the police could meet up with me?

Unlike 85, I read nothing in the transcript indicating that Zimmerman got out of his vehicle with the intent to confront Martin or to shoot him. Perhaps others feel differently. Do you and if so, why?

If I shot someone, even in self-defense, I would feel remorse over someone losing his/her life. If that someone was a teenager, I'd feel even worse. Wouldn't you?

I have to think that a normal human being, after an event like this one, would be thinking about the incident over and over again; asking him or herself "what could I have done differently so this teenager didn't lose his life? Should I have stayed in my vehicle? Should I....?" While I think it's very reasonable for Zimmerman to have gotten out of his vehicle to follow and keep track of Martin until the police arrived (as I think I'd have done the same thing), I also think it's very reasonable to think that Zimmerman is now regretting (particularly since a teenager is now dead) getting out of his vehicle. Hence the age of Martin having a bearing on Zimmerman's apology. I might still feel justified in shooting a person (even a teenager) to save my life, but I'd be seriously asking myself if stopping another burglary was worth a person losing his life, even moreso when that person was a teenager. Hence the bearing of Martin's age on Zimmerman's apology. But perhaps you are right. I don't know.

If there is other evidence indicating that Zimmerman intended to shoot Martin when Zimmerman got out of his vehicle, I'd think his apology could support such evidence.

You read the transcript. Based on what was said by Zimmerman (particularly the part where he's discussing where he is and where the police should meet up with him), it doesn't indicate to me that he intended to take the law into his own hands and try to apprehend Martin himself. Does it to you? If I intended to shoot someone when I got out of my vehicle, would I call the police to begin with? Would I tell the police my location? Would I make a point of telling the dispatcher a location where the police could meet up with me?

Unlike 85, I read nothing in the transcript indicating that Zimmerman got out of his vehicle with the intent to confront Martin or to shoot him. Perhaps others feel differently. Do you and if so, why?

I would feel remorse at taking the life of nearly anyone, certainly of someone what I didn't know. In this case, I don't think it would matter to me if Martin was 17 or 27. I'd feel remorse.

On the limited evidence that I have seen made available, including the transcripts, I don't believe that Zimmerman got out of his car with the intention to shoot Martin. He may have thought, "If this person challenges me, I'll shoot him," but I don't think that he gunned him down in cold blood. I do think that he is guilty of causing his death, by the entire set of actions that he took. I don't know who started the physical altercation between he and Martin, but I don't think that getting bested in a fight that, perhaps you didn't start, but certainly caused, should allow you to shoot someone.

I keep wondering what Martin thought. To me, it's certain that to some degree he felt threatened. If he initiated the fight in that case, wasn't he just "standing his ground?"

I would feel remorse at taking the life of nearly anyone, certainly of someone what I didn't know. In this case, I don't think it would matter to me if Martin was 17 or 27. I'd feel remorse.

On the limited evidence that I have seen made available, including the transcripts, I don't believe that Zimmerman got out of his car with the intention to shoot Martin. He may have thought, "If this person challenges me, I'll shoot him," but I don't think that he gunned him down in cold blood. I do think that he is guilty of causing his death, by the entire set of actions that he took. I don't know who started the physical altercation between he and Martin, but I don't think that getting bested in a fight that, perhaps you didn't start, but certainly caused, should allow you to shoot someone.

I keep wondering what Martin thought. To me, it's certain that to some degree he felt threatened. If he initiated the fight in that case, wasn't he just "standing his ground?"

Fair enough but if I had a gun in my pocket and my head was getting slammed into the ground (which I don't know for a fact happened with Zimmerman) I can assure you that I would pull the trigger.

Fair enough but if I had a gun in my pocket and my head was getting slammed into the ground (which I don't know for a fact happened with Zimmerman) I can assure you that I would pull the trigger.

Even if you were the one following after the other person after dark in the rain without any cause apparent to the other person, and/or you instigated the altercation?

How do you pull a gun out of your pocket while your head is getting slammed into the ground? How is that physically possible? Especially when you are blacking out continually due to getting your head pounded into the ground. I'd love to see a person capable of delivering a kill shot when in this situation.

And he did. Or his attorneys did. Most know he was involved yet he walked. That might be the case here.

My point exactly.

It's okay to say, 'we know OJ did it' but it's a problem to say, 'we know Zimmerman did it'.

Just because the lawyer exonerated a client doesn't mean the client didn't commit the crime. Does it?

My point exactly.

It's okay to say, 'we know OJ did it' but it's a problem to say, 'we know Zimmerman did it'.

Just because the lawyer exonerated a client doesn't mean the client didn't commit the crime. Does it?

We know Zimmerman killed Martin for sure. Nobody is questioning that. I would say a big difference between a weaponless woman in the O.J. situation, at her home no less, and two guys fighting in the street. Nobody has ever said Zimmerman just drove by and killed Martin.

We know Zimmerman killed Martin for sure. Nobody is questioning that. I would say a big difference between a weaponless woman and man in the O.J. situation, at her home no less, and two guys fighting in the street. Nobody has ever said Zimmerman just drove by and killed a weaponless Martin.

Fixed it for you.

Here's what I have to wrap my head around.

What if both are true? What if Martin felt like he was physically being threatened by someone who followed him in a truck then got out of his truck and was walking toward him? What if Martin felt like Zimmerman was going to jump him and decided to get the upper hand first?

At the same time, what if Zimmerman's intentions were never to shoot Martin. Instead, he did approach him to "just" see what he was up to and once Martin (who in my imagined possible scenario truly felt threatened enough to go on the offensive) was getting the better of him felt like his life was in danger and shot the teenager?

To me, even in this scenario, Zimmerman is responsible for Martin's (wrongful) death.