Zimmerman officially released on bond

bugatti

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also heard where additional evidence is to be made public as early as today. As requested by Martin's mother, Zimmerman issued the apology in court but was later condemned for doing so. Anyone know what comes next?

Also heard where additional evidence is to be made public as early as today. As requested by Martin's mother, Zimmerman issued the apology in court but was later condemned for doing so. Anyone know what comes next?

Condemned by who for the apology?

I'd say there will be some conferences prior to the trial and some discussions between the prosecutor and defense attorneys regarding any possible pleas. Then if nothing is worked out eventually there would be a trial.

Condemned by who for the apology?

I'd say there will be some conferences prior to the trial and some discussions between the prosecutor and defense attorneys regarding any possible pleas. Then if nothing is worked out eventually there would be a trial.

Martin's family and attorneys.

Just read that. Does seem odd that he would apologize during a bond hearing. Sounds like the family's attorney even told them not to do it.
I thought it was odd too. He said that he was instructed not to say anything to the Martin family weeks earlier, so I can buy that. It was in response to Martin's mother asking for the apology. Though she retracted from her initial request for that.

I thought it was odd too. He said that he was instructed not to say anything to the Martin family weeks earlier, so I can buy that. It was in response to Martin's mother asking for the apology. Though she retracted from her initial request for that.

Perhaps she wanted an apology that wasn't given during his bond hearing?

Perhaps she wanted an apology that wasn't given during his bond hearing?

Perhaps.

When she first asked for the apology she/legal team retracted or at least attempted to put it in a different context though that obviously was not her intent, imo.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not." - George Zimmerman

In short, yes.

I wonder if this will hurt him or help him.