Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zimmerman officially released on bond

Featured Replies

It may be semantics, but I'd argue that he said that he's sorry that Martin is dead, but not necessarily sorry for killing him.

 

It's an important distinction for me.

 

Huh???

  • Replies 89
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It may be semantics, but I'd argue that he said that he's sorry that Martin is dead, but not necessarily sorry for killing him.

 

It's an important distinction for me.

 

I was thinking the same. If he's standing his ground like the law says why should he apologize for anything is my thought process. If I was truly standing my ground I wouldn't be sorry for anything. That's why his apology threw me off and confused me.

I was thinking the same. If he's standing his ground like the law says why should he apologize for anything is my thought process. If I was truly standing my ground I wouldn't be sorry for anything. That's why his apology threw me off and confused me.

 

He said he was sorry for their loss...

 

It's not really much of an apology.

  • Author
I was thinking the same. If he's standing his ground like the law says why should he apologize for anything is my thought process. If I was truly standing my ground I wouldn't be sorry for anything. That's why his apology threw me off and confused me.

 

Because Martin's mother asked for the apology. Just because he is going by "Stand Your Ground" it does not mean he can't be sorry for the loss and that it happened?

What was odd to me about the apology was that he said he didn't know how young Martin was. Does that imply he would have acted differently if he knew Martin was a teenager? Just seems like an odd strategy.

What was odd to me about the apology was that he said he didn't know how young Martin was. Does that imply he would have acted differently if he knew Martin was a teenager? Just seems like an odd strategy.

 

My thoughts exactly.

Because Martin's mother asked for the apology. Just because he is going by "Stand Your Ground" it does not mean he can't be sorry for the loss and that it happened?

 

I wouldn't pull a gun out let alone pull the trigger if I thought I was going to be sorry about it.

  • Author
I wouldn't pull a gun out let alone pull the trigger if I thought I was going to be sorry about it.

Sorry that it happened. I can understand that. In effect the "I did not want to kill, but I had to kill" defense. Not saying that is right or wrong, just how I look at it.

  • Author
What was odd to me about the apology was that he said he didn't know how young Martin was. Does that imply he would have acted differently if he knew Martin was a teenager? Just seems like an odd strategy.

 

I thought so as well.

Sorry that it happened. I can understand that. In effect the "I did not want to kill, but I had to kill" defense. Not saying that is right or wrong, just how I look at it.

 

I feel you. Just speaking about myself personally.

I have never heard the apology, and I don't plan to search for it either. But if he actually said, "If I had knwon he was a teenager...I didn't know how old he was... blah blah" then that just goes to show that he was profiling. He saw a big black boogey man in the neighborhood, and killed him and nowadays is like "oh snap...he was only a high school junior." Burn you know where Zimmerman. You are a murderer.

I have never heard the apology, and I don't plan to search for it either. But if he actually said, "If I had knwon he was a teenager...I didn't know how old he was... blah blah" then that just goes to show that he was profiling. He saw a big black boogey man in the neighborhood, and killed him and nowadays is like "oh snap...he was only a high school junior." Burn you know where Zimmerman. You are a murderer.

 

He didn't say anything like "if I had known he was a teenager". And it's not hard to find. It's in this thread. Here ya go.

 

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not." - George Zimmerman

He didn't say anything like "if I had known he was a teenager". And it's not hard to find. It's in this thread. Here ya go.

 

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not." - George Zimmerman

 

Straight out of the police handbook. Burn baby burn.

 

Straight out of the police handbook. Burn baby burn.

 

Huh?

Straight out of the police handbook. Burn baby burn.

 

I been reading alot of your post and you make some good points but some of your stuff makes me wonder. Burn baby burn...... :eyeonyou:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.