Somerset 26 Paintsville 12

black wire

I thought this was somewhat of a sloppy game by both teams. Lots of penalties, and turnovers, hurt both teams, it seemed to me neither team had a good flo on offense, but there defense step up and made plays. Was Pugh hurt? He was real quiet on offense, he didn't run the ball tonight like he did in the first couple of playoff games. I thought #35 ran the ball well for Paintsville, and #5 made some big time catches. #10 getting hurt for Paintsville, looked like it hurt them on offense. Somerset played very good on defense. The defense made big plays with 2 ints and block field goal, that results in 3 tds for the jumpers. Congrats to the Jumpers on winning the region and good luck to them next week against NCC. Congrats to Paintsville on a fine season, I hope everyone had a safe trip home because they looked to be a bad wreck between Somerset and London, that killed several horses, and the chopper was called in.

True Redhound and myself had planned on going to Ft. Campbell but since he left his billfold with a picture ID in his buddies truck, we couldnt get on the base. We decided to head to Somerset instead and it was a good game and a very cold one as well. Somerset looked to be the superior team on D as Paintsville just couldn't get their run game going. Paintsville handed Somerset a lot of points though with the kick block run back to the 1 and the int. I think any way you cut it, this would be a good game anytime they played.

Also, I was standing about the 5 yard line on the Paintsville side and noticed that the 1 yard line was 4 1/2 feet back. and the rest was normal. I walked off 16.5 feet from goal to the 5 yard line. It didn't play any with the outcome but just struck me as odd.

I hope all was ok with the wreck too. I know they flew someone out so my prayers go out to them. I'm just curious though, how all 4 horses were killed? Reckon, they broke loose and just strayed out onto the parkway? I didn't see any saddles on them nor did I see a buggy or people near. That was one of the craziest things that I've ever saw. Again, I hope everyone turns out ok after that accident.

I thought this was somewhat of a sloppy game by both teams. Lots of penalties, and turnovers, hurt both teams, it seemed to me neither team had a good flo on offense, but there defense step up and made plays. Was Pugh hurt? He was real quiet on offense, he didn't run the ball tonight like he did in the first couple of playoff games. I thought #35 ran the ball well for Paintsville, and #5 made some big time catches. #10 getting hurt for Paintsville, looked like it hurt them on offense. Somerset played very good on defense. The defense made big plays with 2 ints and block field goal, that results in 3 tds for the jumpers. Congrats to the Jumpers on winning the region and good luck to them next week against NCC. Congrats to Paintsville on a fine season, I hope everyone had a safe trip home because they looked to be a bad wreck between Somerset and London, that killed several horses, and the chopper was called in.

It was a sloppy game on both behalves, refs seemed somewhat flag happy at times. When they'd get rolling on one team it seem it came in bunches and then they'd be quiet for awhile and then suddenly pick on the other team. Really had no barring on the outcome of this one. Paintsville's offense had bright spots but for the most part sputtered most of the night. I don't think Freno #10 getting injured changed much on offense except for the fact of not really having a healthy tailback to put in. Freno was hurt, Doderer wasn't 100% and Cantrell #24 had gotten tossed earlier in the game. Paintsville's defense stepped up and played after Somerset put up 14 in a hurry. Newell exploded early in the game and had over 100 at the half. Paintsville seem to come alive and keep him somewhat contained after his first TD. Hats off to Wes Ward #35 he played with a purpose tonight, he had that not 1 person is going to bring me down attitude. Somerset couldn't and didn't stop him, it seemed we did by taking his carries away. Hats off to #5 Kevin Williams as well who sacrificed his body numerous times to make key catches. I'm also very proud of the defense as a whole, the pass defense was good tonight as well as run defense after Newell exploded in the first quarter. On to Somerset, congrats to the Jumpers they came out on top tonight. The blocked field goal return was a key turning point in the game. Not sure why Paintsville tried a field goal, especially after the first XP attempt was blocked? The Jumper linebacker #30 made a heckuva play on defense for that interception and then turned on the jets to out run Pugh down the sidelines. I just got done watching the catch in slow-mo from my WYMT recording, he was getting blocked jumped up swatted the ball with one arm and then brought the other arm over to make the catch. Pugh was not hurt to my knowledge, it seemed to me as if he got nervous in the pocket and when he'd scramble the Jumper defense's speed caught him before he could get anything started. The team that converted turnovers to points won tonight. Thanks to Paintsville seniors, guys good luck in your futures, keep your head up and thanks for the ride this season it's been a blast. Again congrats to Somerset and Good Luck next week at NCC, bring it home boys.

On a side note about the wreck, it seemed to be a very servere accident. I couldn't tell if there were 1 or 2 vehicles involved. I'm assuming the horses were killed by the SUV that looked as if it had rolled over the embankment and into a field. There was also a sporty looking car, that was on a rollback up on the parkway. To my knowledge, no one from Paintsville was involved and everyone arrived home safely. Prayers go out for everyone involved, may God bless.

This was a very sloppy game. LOTS of penalties in this one. Somerset had 16 penalties on the night and Paintsville had 6 for a combined total of 22 penalties. The sad thing is that most of the calls were phantom calls where they would throw holding when nobody was even blocking. But the boys from both teams faced this adversity well and played hard. Somerset's offense had the worst night of the year by far, but as they say "Defense wins championships."

Paintsville's boys were very good sports and I saw a lot of one team helping the other team off of the pile and so on. You guys have a class program!

BTW is number 5 from Paintsville getting any looks from colleges because I think he would make someone a great Tight End.

Now on to NCC! :D

Great season for the Tigers, I wonder how Lynn Camp would have faired in a rematch with Somerset. To bad they waited until the second half to show they could play with Paintsville. Imo Lynn Camp was the the best team of these three, but couldn.t get it done. I hope the Jumpers go all the way and Ross Deaton is the MVP of the championship game.

In a nutshell, the Somerset D won the game for them. Take out the D of both teams, and Paintsville's offense did better IMO. But the Somerset D took Paintsville out of the game at very key points. Paintsville had a chance to take the lead, but the penalty and the blocked field goal turned into a Somerset TD. Then Paintsville was driving moving the ball very well and closing on the goal line and Pugh gets picked for a int. resulting in a TD. CONGRATS to Somerset! They did what they had to do when they had to do it and they won the game!

As it is my opinion that NCC is way too much for either of these teams and would blow out either Paintsville or Somerset, I am just as glad that the Tiger season is over so we can get on with basketball (without the possibility of any injury to any of our basketball players that play football).

Good season Tigers!