Russell 41 Mercer County 26

GOREDDEVILS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Mercer never quit in this game. Even when the outcome was decided, they didn't just "mail it in". You have to respect that.

Nice win for Russell, and another notch in the gun handle for McGlone. If he coaches another season or two, he's gonna have to get new pistol grips.

Frances

Russell wins with some solid defense and explosive offense. The yellow hankies were flying all night long and most were the 15 yard variety. We can't do that next week and expect to win at Newport. Mercer palyed tough all night. The Scotties' Number 32 was a solid running back. Go Devils!!!

Big win for Russell! I'm great game for Chad Edwards, Tommy Brown, and Derrick Timberlake. I really thought that Mercer Co. played hard and they didn't quit. Russell was the better team tonight! Coach Jaggers has done an outstanding job with this program. I look for big things from Mercer in the future. Well as you know I don't predict so let's look for another big game next week!!!!

I thought it was a very poorly officiated ball game tonight. Lots of bad call!! Maybe even some phantom calls. IMO they game Mercer Co. their first TD on the back to back 15 yard pass interference calls. They also called a 15 yard personal foul for tackling the QB on a run fake. I'm not a ref but I think every play there is a fake the person who takes the fake gets either hit or tackled. Refs had a real bad night!!