Russell 41 Mercer County 26

GOREDDEVILS

A funny statement was made on the Russell Radio show. I'm not sure it was a classy thing to say, but nevertheless it was funny.

The announcer asked the other announcer, how do you know it's late November? He said I don't know how? The first announcer said, "The Tomcats are playing basketball already and Russell is the only team left in the playoffs from the area."

Funny, but not real classy. Should have been focusing on the great play of the Red Devils tonight instead of talking about Ashland getting beat.

Good luck next week Red Devils. We're (area) all pulling for you. Ivan "the great" deserves a chance to get on the carpet.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see..... excuses for tonights scores.

45 yards in penaltys on 3 plays. First- the ball was tipped and went over the receivers head, so you can have contact. If you are running down the sidelines and you get tackled and land out of bounds, thats not a late hit out of bounds if you do not signal the clock to stop running. Since the clock is running you were not out of bounds.

Pass interference call in the end zone. The defender was hit by the pass but the def. back never touched the other player. Man I could go on Blue Blazer. From where I was standing in the end zone I did not see any contact from the defense. There was at least a yard seperation between them.

A funny statement was made on the Russell Radio show. I'm not sure it was a classy thing to say, but nevertheless it was funny.

The announcer asked the other announcer, how do you know it's late November? He said I don't know how? The first announcer said, "The Tomcats are playing basketball already and Russell is the only team left in the playoffs from the area."

Funny, but not real classy. Should have been focusing on the great play of the Red Devils tonight instead of talking about Ashland getting beat.

Good luck next week Red Devils. We're (area) all pulling for you. Ivan "the great" deserves a chance to get on the carpet.

They are announcing the Russell game, on a Russell radio station. That means that they are "playing" to that crowd. Nothing wrong with that - it's what they are paid to do.

I wish Ashland were still playing next week, but it didn't happen.

Frances

Nothing wrong with it, just kinda of caught me off guard that they were talking about Ashland after just securing another Regional Championship game.

Talk about who you want, I don't care. I just wouldn't have been talking about Ashland after a great game by Kasey Clark and company.

No glee there our fair lady. We up on the hill heard the score and were stunned by it. Anyway Frances your Cats had a great season and I'm sure all in your fair city of Ashland our proud of the way your boys played and represented your city with lots of class and plenty of pride!!!

No glee there our fair lady. We up on the hill heard the score and were stunned by it. Anyway Frances your Cats had a great season and I'm sure all in your fair city of Ashland our proud of the way your boys played and represented your city with lots of class and plenty of pride!!!

Thanks, BB. We got whipped by a heckuva team that was playing some excellent football tonight. I'm gonna be watching football in Papa John's in 2 or 3 weeks. I wouldn't mind getting to wear my maroon and cheer for a team from the 16th Region.

It's up to you guys, now.

Frances

What to work on this week in practice... pass coverage by the secondary.

It seems like we were a step behind on several long pass plays. Well thrown balls were dropped by the Mercer receivers and those plays could have been points on the board. Coach Morris will have to correct the problem before rollng into Newport next Fri nite. Just a suggestion.