Bellevue vs. Newport Central Catholic

Guest Bluto

I'm surprised that no one has started a thread on this game. I know nothing of the 2 teams, other than the outcome of the first game (NCC 14 - Bellevue 0).

What is the conventional (& unconventional) wisdom concerning this rematch?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are gonna play it on Saturday afternoon then why not just play it at Newport? Im sure it will be a lot cheaper to do than to move it to CCH.

I would assume because it is supposed to rain this week, and again on Saturday from the early forcast predictions.

I would assume because it is supposed to rain this week, and again on Saturday from the early forcast predictions.

O, I just saw the forcast for this week and its supposed to be pretty nice and in the 70's most of the week. I saw where it look like maybe some rain around tuesday or Wednesday but dont know how much or what the chances are. But I see what your saying.

If they are gonna play it on Saturday afternoon then why not just play it at Newport? Im sure it will be a lot cheaper to do than to move it to CCH.

Because of field conditions and Newport playing on Friday night, and the possibility of rain.

It was in the paper this morning, NCC is talking about moving it, with CCH being an option.

Because of field conditions and Newport playing on Friday night, and the possibility of rain.

It was in the paper this morning, NCC is talking about moving it, with CCH being an option.

Ok gotcha. But there really is no reason to move it if it doesnt rain. The field is back to the normal conditions as it usually is this time of year. No mud, and it look decent except for not much grass between the hashes.

Ok gotcha. But there really is no reason to move it if it doesnt rain. The field is back to the normal conditions as it usually is this time of year. No mud, and it look decent except for not much grass between the hashes.

If it rains, the decision to allow play rests with the Newport super. Newport could play on Friday or if it rains really bad move to Saturday. Or it could rain just on Saturday and then who knows when the NCC game would be played is it had to be moved. Since both teams have home field advantage the smart move is to use another field if one is available like Holmes and CovCath are this week.

I think NCC will come out and make a very strong statement in this game. Bellevues outstanding year comes to an abrupt end.. NCC 35-12

Bellevue will able to get a little bit more offense going than they did last time (wet field), but it won't be enough. NCC will probably also play better in better conditions, and being that they handled the adversity better last time and won, I think they will probably win a little bigger, especially in the playoffs. They will be well-prepared, and hoping in the back of their minds that Beechwood will make it past LCA so they can prove that the regular season loss was a fluke.

NCC - 35

Bellevue - 20

I know Bellevue is the underdog, but like I stated above if they can pass the ball like they did against Raceland then this is a different ball game. Against Raceland Bellevue's QB was throwing the ball really really well. He was throwing deep and for short strikes that were perfect passes. I guess they were holding out until the playoffs. I really didn't understand during the game how he could come out all the sudden and throw the ball the way he did. What does all this mean? It means that NCC will not be able to stack the box. It opens up the run and makes the run that more dangerous. If NCC doesn't respect the pass then they will pay for it.