Bellevue vs. Newport Central Catholic

Guest Bluto

Agree.

Yeagle would not make any such statement. Plus he couldn't make that statement for 1998 (2-9) and 1999 (4-8) even if he wanted too. If he could turn those teams into state champs he could also cure world hunger, fix the holes in the ozone, and return gas to 29.9 cents a gallon.

He is way too busy with more important things right now. Gotta get those Tigers ready for Friday! :fight:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're like the guy in the FedEx commercial....You're always wrong...how are you always wrong?...let's review the facts....

1. You thought Beechwood would beat Bellevue...if I remember correctly

2. You thought NCC would win by 3 TD's in the first game and only a cheap TD by the JV would make it that close....it was 6-0 with a minute left.

3. You thought Bellevue could not hang with NCC

4. You said there would be 3 or 4 personal fouls late in the game...was there?

5. You said Cov Cath would beat Highland...if I'm not mistaken

6. AND you get fringe benefits, not FRENCH benefits.

You're quite and expert. :thumb:

:laugh:

Ask A Beechwood coach what they think of NewCath in the 90's. Ask the big man Mike he'll tell you the same thing I know he told others. His words were "If I coached at NewCath I would have won state every year"
I was just wondering but is this thread supposed to be about the predictions for the Bellevue/NCC. not about coach's or teamss in the 90's.

I was just wondering but is this thread supposed to be about the predictions for the Bellevue/NCC. not about coach's or teamss in the 90's.

It seems to me that about this time of year, we tend to wander a bit on things. Case in point, this thread. :lol: It's all sticky's fault. He started it. :lol:

Actually NCC has not had the most talented team in Class A for the past decade. I don't think you'd find even the most fanactical fan claim that the NCC teams from 1995-1999 were even legit contenders. In fact the only two losing seasons since the 1970s were in that span.

And I believe that while NCC has been competitive with Beechwood in the years 2000-2005, just about every footbal fan including those of NCC acknowledge that Beechwood is the premier Class A program.

'95 was a legit contender.

So Vicars is the better back then,Because he can and will play well on both feild conditions.He was breaking tackles in the mud and dragging tacklers as well in the mud.(Oh wait the sun was shining on NCC's side of the ball) :flame:

NCC lined their team up in a power set and played smash mouth. Bellevue continued to try and do misdirection plays which leaves Adams with no lead blockers. Lead blockers are useful in the mud.

NCC lined their team up in a power set and played smash mouth. Bellevue continued to try and do misdirection plays which leaves Adams with no lead blockers. Lead blockers are useful in the mud.

Vicars almost never has lead blockers.He is usally back there with the QB.And they never went to the power set once that night.It was the straight eye formation the whole night every singl play.

For the past decade NCC has always had one of, if not the most talented team in all of Class A. And every year people (certainly those up on the hill) talk of how it will not even be close when they play Beechwood.

“Then what is the gurgling, hacking and gasping for air do I hear?

Oh don't worry it's just NC, chocking in the playoffs again this year.”

What amazes me most is how much better NC people are than the very people that live next door to. NCC parents and fans have never sat on the sidelines laughing and taunting Bellevue players in the last minutes of the game just to get beat on a "Hail Mary" (ironic isn't it). As for personal fouls I do recall NCC players getting thrown out of games for punching Bellevue players. But lets be honest the refs must have gotten it wrong because there is no way that the high and mighty breds would stoop to that level. Instead us breds fans with our diluted morals intact, sit behind a keyboard and attack the players of a program that has more tradition (just look at the number of state championships). Before I conclude, let me leave you with this. Before you attack the class and character of an entire team, school and community you must first look at the lack of character you may have displayed.

Good Luck to the players on both sides of the ball!

We are just answering questions and statements from Bellevue posters who are telling us how much better they are than us.And talk about class,we did not BOOOOOOOOOOO! there kids when they ran on the field.We will start and finish there with the class talk.

For the past decade NCC has always had one of, if not the most talented team in all of Class A. And every year people (certainly those up on the hill) talk of how it will not even be close when they play Beechwood.

“Then what is the gurgling, hacking and gasping for air do I hear?

Oh don't worry it's just NC, chocking in the playoffs again this year.”

What amazes me most is how much better NC people are than the very people that live next door to. NCC parents and fans have never sat on the sidelines laughing and taunting Bellevue players in the last minutes of the game just to get beat on a "Hail Mary" (ironic isn't it). As for personal fouls I do recall NCC players getting thrown out of games for punching Bellevue players. But lets be honest the refs must have gotten it wrong because there is no way that the high and mighty breds would stoop to that level. Instead us breds fans with our diluted morals intact, sit behind a keyboard and attack the players of a program that has more tradition (just look at the number of state championships). Before I conclude, let me leave you with this. Before you attack the class and character of an entire team, school and community you must first look at the lack of character you may have displayed.

Good Luck to the players on both sides of the ball!

You sound like a great ncc fan, as for the fans sitting behind keyboards attacking players and actions, you are doing the same thing bringing up players getting thrown out of games from years ago. IF that aint the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes: