Bellevue vs. Newport Central Catholic

Guest Bluto

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pulling for Bellevue in this game. They have a tall hill to climb in order to win this game, but they can do it. Anything can happen in HS football.

They proved that they can cover the pass by beating Raceland. While NCC is a much better team, I think that Bellevue will step it up and make a game of it.

Go Tigers.

First off, I'm not sure how you can make an assessment that a RB is better than another by one game. Believe it or not people, some players do have off nights. For example LaDanian Tomlinson was held to 7 yards against the Eagles a few weeks ago but does that mean Westbrook is a better running back because he had 25 yards that game? No.

Now that I got that off my chest, let's talk about the game. I believe that Coach Eckstein will have his boys ready to come out and play, as will Schneider. But a quick question. What does Bellevue have to lose? Everyone on here, and other people, are saying that NCC will win by atleast 2 touchdowns. If no one is counting on them to win, they can just go out there and play their game without any added pressure.

I believe Lincoln will run with purpose Friday and really attack holes (and make some of his own). I expect this to be a great game but Bellevue has already proven many people on here wrong once this season, so I'll say they will do it again.

I'm gonna pick Bellevue in this one. Here's why.

1.)The first game was a mud bowl, that doesn't give you a true indication of the better team on a dry surface.

2.)Lincoln Adams.

3.) Coach Eckstien, I think he will be the difference in the game.

Bellevue 24

NCC 20

I've been asking for weeks now for the game to be moved to Friday night and that did happen. The downside of the Friday night game is that I just got called into work and I would be able to make a Saturday afternoon game. I would just pull a no call/no show but with it being a 24-hour work shift it's a pretty good chunk of change to miss out on especially for a college student. Overall I'm still glad the game is on Friday night, because like I said before it is just a all-around better atmosphere.

First off, I'm not sure how you can make an assessment that a RB is better than another by one game. Believe it or not people, some players do have off nights. For example LaDanian Tomlinson was held to 7 yards against the Eagles a few weeks ago but does that mean Westbrook is a better running back because he had 25 yards that game? No.

Now that I got that off my chest, let's talk about the game. I believe that Coach Eckstein will have his boys ready to come out and play, as will Schneider. But a quick question. What does Bellevue have to lose? Everyone on here, and other people, are saying that NCC will win by atleast 2 touchdowns. If no one is counting on them to win, they can just go out there and play their game without any added pressure.

I believe Lincoln will run with purpose Friday and really attack holes (and make some of his own). I expect this to be a great game but Bellevue has already proven many people on here wrong once this season, so I'll say they will do it again.

Beleive it or not,I have said the same thing in another thread at the beginning of the season and towards the middle.People have been saying all year this running back is the best or this one is and there is no way to tell.I know Lincoln is a very good back,and honestly (not trying to make any other people mad) I beleive way back in the peewee league when they were JR's,he is the reason we lost to them.Once again I will say he is a very good back,but I can't say he is the best in NKY.Don't count out other NKY. backs out, Because he is not the only good one.I beleive the last game proved that.

Beleive it or not,I have said the same thing in another thread at the beginning of the season and towards the middle.People have been saying all year this running back is the best or this one is and there is no way to tell.I know Lincoln is a very good back,and honestly (not trying to make any other people mad) I beleive way back in the peewee league when they were JR's,he is the reason we lost to them.Once again I will say he is a very good back,but I can't say he is the best in NKY.Don't count out other NKY. backs out, Because he is not the only good one.I beleive the last game proved that.

That is open for opinion because there are a few really good backs in NKY but I'm not sure that you can look at one game that two teams played head to head and determine what running back is better, especially considering the conditions. That's all I'm saying.

That is open for opinion because there are a few really good backs in NKY but I'm not sure that you can look at one game that two teams played head to head and determine what running back is better, especially considering the conditions. That's all I'm saying.

I know what you are saying and I am saying you can't determine which one is better period.They have 2 totally different offences. they have 2 totally different lines and they are running against different defences. The only way possible is if they were on the same team.One team might play weak teams and the other might play hard but even that is distored because one might have a better line. One team might be a power offence and one team might be a spread offence.Do you see what I am getting at here.

This is the way I see it, New Cath has the edge in the passing game, Bellevue would have the edge in the rushing department, Specialties, Coaching, and Home Field Advantage is about even, that brings us to Defense, and Depth that would have to go New Cath. But this should really be one for the books. NC-30 B-26 ( Good Luck Both Teams!!!)