Is this what CovCath wanted?

Wildcat

They have looked one dimensional vs. the excellent defenses of Moeller, X, Watterson, etc.

They gave 300+ yds. THROUGH THE AIR last week vs. Highlands.

They win over a #3 seed by 3 points........

"Something is rotten in Denmark..."

Not anything unexpected by some.

Programs usually get a boost by a new coach and/or a new system but once that wears off teams reach a level not all that far from where they were the year before for the most part. Of course the Kool-Aid drinkers will panic and think things have suddenly turned worse.

What they wanted was to win last week and cruise to the championship with four wide margin wins at home...But that is what every team wants.

CovCath is ok...(kills me to say that)...Yesterday they played a less than perfect game, BUT THEY WON! If they had won by 50 would that have made LexCath run and hide? I doubt it. What did the LexCath scouts see yesterday that might put them over the top vs the Colonels on Friday? NOTHING!

IMHO, Winning a game in less than perfect style is sometimes helpful. That team from Park Hills will get after it this week and if my Birds can get by "East Jessamine" Friday, I expect to see a rematch!

What they wanted was to win last week and cruise to the championship with four wide margin wins at home...But that is what every team wants.

CovCath is ok...(kills me to say that)...Yesterday they played a less than perfect game, BUT THEY WON! If they had won by 50 would that have made LexCath run and hide? I doubt it. What did the LexCath scouts see yesterday that might put them over the top vs the Colonels on Friday? NOTHING!

IMHO, Winning a game in less than perfect style is sometimes helpful. That team from Park Hills will get after it this week and if my Birds can get by "East Jessamine" Friday, I expect to see a rematch!

Only if they learn from this experiance.

Can Lynn Ray come back and coach the defense?

Our defense has been great pretty much all year. Coach Hautman is a great defensive coordinater very intense and knows how to coach kids. Coach Ray was an amazing coach don't get me wrong but we're not struggling defensively.

Our defense has been great pretty much all year. Coach Hautman is a great defensive coordinater very intense and knows how to coach kids. Coach Ray was an amazing coach don't get me wrong but we're not struggling defensively.

Watterson?????

Highlands hasn't thrown for 300+ yards all season.....

Highlands had more talent offensively last season and didn't do what the Birds did this year...

Watterson?????

Highlands hasn't thrown for 300+ yards all season.....

Highlands had more talent offensively last season and didn't do what the Birds did this year...

Massey has Watterson ranked third in Ohio DII and 15th overall. Playing them on the road the week after playing Ohio D1 and over all number 1 Cincy St. X would be a tough task for any school. CovCath came out flat and was beaten soundly on both sides of the ball.

Prior to last year's game with Highlands, Ray's defenses had given up some comparable scores to the Birds (21 in 2003, 28 in 2002, 52 and 15 in 2001, 49 and 35 in 2000).

As far as the Birds having more talent last year and not doing what they did this year, they didn't need to. Those CovCath offenses were dominated and a 10 point lead may as well have been 35.

CovCath is one of 16 3A teams left playing. Everybody knew that this region would have LexCath hosting either CovCath or Highlands in week 2 of the playoffs. I would have preferred it to be Highlands, but you play the hand you are dealt. We will see how things turn out on Friday and go from there. What else can you do?

While I'm pretty sure this is not what Cov Cath wanted, I don't think it's too far off. They have a first round win and are, as Colonel-fan mentioned, one of 16 teams still playing in AAA.

Often times teams have a bad game in the playoffs...hopefully last week was CCH's "bad game" and they will play up to their potential in the next few weeks.

While I'm pretty sure this is not what Cov Cath wanted, I don't think it's too far off. They have a first round win and are, as Colonel-fan mentioned, one of 16 teams still playing in AAA.

Often times teams have a bad game in the playoffs...hopefully last week was CCH's "bad game" and they will play up to their potential in the next few weeks.

I agree, and Cov Cath just had some bad breaks, they'll definitely prepare and play to their potential in the next few weeks