Pikeville Independent Schools!

TigerKat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why can't schools like Pikeville be included in the Public/Private debate. Since anyone who follows 15th Region sports knows that Pikeville have "recruited" players from other schools in the past.
Easy now....mighty big claims you are alleging. Better hope a mod doesn't read that. :thumb:

Some school systems have contracts with surrounding school systems so that students can choose which school to attend without having to pay out-of-district tuition. Bell County, Pineville Independent, and Knox County did this for many years. However, Middlesboro Independent did not exchange contracts and students living outside the city limits of Middlesboro were required to pay tuition if they wanted to attend Middlesboro schools.

Some school systems have contracts with surrounding school systems so that students can choose which school to attend without having to pay out-of-district tuition. Bell County, Pineville Independent, and Knox County did this for many years. However, Middlesboro Independent did not exchange contracts and students living outside the city limits of Middlesboro were required to pay tuition if they wanted to attend Middlesboro schools.

This is different from the private schools how? Other than the state line issue it is not different.

If Pikeville was recruiting they would not be so sorry in basketball I would think nor would the district title in football be in question. I know that some kids do pay tutition to go to Pikeville but I don't think that is recruiting. Pikeville High is one of the top academic schools in the mountains, and a lot of parents want their kids to go there. It doesn't happen near as much as it used to because surronding schools have improved a lot over the past decade in academics and athletics.

If Pikeville was recruiting they would not be so sorry in basketball I would think nor would the district title in football be in question. I know that some kids do pay tutition to go to Pikeville but I don't think that is recruiting. Pikeville High is one of the top academic schools in the mountains, and a lot of parents want their kids to go there. It doesn't happen near as much as it used to because surronding schools have improved a lot over the past decade in academics and athletics.

Same could be said about Trinity & X! :lol: