Pikeville Independent Schools!

TigerKat

YES! The coach was furious, but he was told that tution has to be paid before school started.

Again, I have first hand knowledge. I was all state and awarded an athletic scholarship, so I didnt ride the pine, I was a player and I didnt ever pay tuition. I never lived in the city limits and never said that I did. (my siblings were exempt from paying as well)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand how Pikeville Independent is any different from Pike County schools. If you live in the city limits it does not mean you can not attend any of the county schools you wish.

If you live in the city limits and attend a county school by law you are spouse to report to Pike Co. BOE and pay tution. Because if you live in the city your school tax from your property tax goes to Pikeville Independent. Now, if people do it or not is a differnt story.

If the coach was furious, it sounds as if somebody somewhere was left with an implied impression.

The coach was furious because the kid didnt' have his tution paid when he was spouse too and had been praticing all summer.

I don't buy that people go to Pikeville that live outside the city limits and dont' pay tution. I am know too many valuable Pikeville athletes past and presnt that have to pay. Its hard for some of test families to come up with the money.

Untill I get names. No way....

The coach was furious because the kid didnt' have his tution paid when he was spouse too and had been praticing all summer.

I don't buy that people go to Pikeville that live outside the city limits and dont' pay tution. I am know too many valuable Pikeville athletes past and presnt that have to pay. Its hard for some of test families to come up with the money.

Untill I get names. No way....

Then you live in your world and we will live in the real one. :dancingpa

Then you live in your world and we will live in the real one. :dancingpa

You said you were there years ago, so you really don't know what goes on now.

Also, I don't think I would be bragging that someone had to pay my tuition for me. :sssh:

You said you were there years ago, so you really don't know what goes on now.

Also, I don't think I would be bragging that someone had to pay my tuition for me. :sssh:

Didnt "HAVE" to do anything. It was offered so I took the opportunity to go to a great school. Should I have turned down the full ride in college as well? Nice thought process!!

You are right, things change a lot. I am sure that NEVER happens now.

:rolleyes:

Didnt "HAVE" to do anything. It was offered so I took the opportunity to go to a great school. Should I have turned down the full ride in college as well? Nice thought process!!

You are right, things change a lot. I am sure that NEVER happens now.

:rolleyes:

My thought process is you shouldn't break the rules, and if you do you shouldn't brag about it. College full ride is completely different than breaking the rules in high school. :rolleyes:

My thought process is you shouldn't break the rules, and if you do you shouldn't brag about it. College full ride is completely different than breaking the rules in high school. :rolleyes:

No rules were broken. It is at the "discretion of the board". There is no KHSAA law that says different. I wasnt bragging, you disputed the facts and I had to set you straight with my FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of your wrong ideas that tuitions are not sometimes "waived". Also, I was told, "it's not braggin' if you can back it up". :rolleyes:

No rules were broken. It is at the "discretion of the board". There is no KHSAA law that says different. I wasnt bragging, you disputed the facts and I had to set you straight with my FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of your wrong ideas that tuitions are not sometimes "waived". Also, I was told, "it's not braggin' if you can back it up". :rolleyes:

I don't think you know what you are talking about. The BOE waives tuition for certain students? NO WAY. :laugh:

Here's a simple question for you. Did you attend Pikeville Independent Schools?

That's what this thread is about. A ONE WORD answer is sufficient.

YES or NO...waiting for your answer.

I don't think you know what you are talking about. The BOE waives tuition for certain students? NO WAY. :laugh:

Here's a simple question for you. Did you attend Pikeville Independent Schools?

That's what this thread is about. A ONE WORD answer is sufficient.

YES or NO...waiting for your answer.

:sssh:

How does answering if you went to Pikeville reveal your identity, lol. :confused:

Literally thousands have gone through the system. One thing I can tell you for a fact is the Pikeville BOE DOES NOT waive tuition for ANY student! :mad:

Pikeville's coach tells parents to throw away their tuition bills??? Very serious charge that I am sure you can't back up. Don't want to see people get in trouble on here, but this kind of statement is very dangerous and damaging, and I think you will have some 'splainin' to do. :irked:

I think he just may want to be a little more careful of what he says on here and what accusations he makes about the football coach and the school board members, because there are little things called defamation lawsuits and it is no fun getting one with your name listed as a defendant.

Actually please take this as a word to the wise: I don't specialize in defamation law (I'm a corporate and finance atty) but from my lawschool days many, many moons ago, I'm of the opinion that making defamatory accusations about coaches, players, fans, school administrators on here that are untrue are not protected; in other words, I believe they are grounds for a defamation lawsuit. Accordingly, I urge everyone to be darn sure they know what they are talking about before they make accusations against someone. I think the last thing the Ru wants to receive is a subpeona duces tecum requiring him to release records identifying the true name of one of the posters so that the poster can be sued. Lets be responsible. If you don't know it to be true, don't post it.

I think he just may want to be a little more careful of what he says on here and what accusations he makes about the football coach and the school board members, because there are little things called defamation lawsuits and it is no fun getting one with your name listed as a defendant.

Actually please take this as a word to the wise: I don't specialize in defamation law (I'm a corporate and finance atty) but from my lawschool days many, many moons ago, I'm of the opinion that making defamatory accusations about coaches, players, fans, school administrators on here that are untrue are not protected; in other words, I believe they are grounds for a defamation lawsuit. Accordingly, I urge everyone to be darn sure they know what they are talking about before they make accusations against someone. I think the last thing the Ru wants to receive is a subpeona duces tecum requiring him to release records identifying the true name of one of the posters so that the poster can be sued. Lets be responsible. If you don't know it to be true, don't post it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: