Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville Independent Schools!

Featured Replies

No.

Thanks. I never knew that about Pikeville. So what does it cost for the people that have to pay to go there?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So can kids get scholarships to a school like Pikeville or have their tuition waived for any reason?

 

"NO" it is not called a "scholarship" but when mom and dad get the bill, coach says "throw it away, it is taken care of". This applies to siblings in the same system as well. It doesnt just happen at Pikeville. Paintsville does it as well many of the Independent schools. It looks like a lot of people are paying on their finacial statements but they are all non-star athletes.

 

Also, these rules dont apply when a school does not have a specific sport that the student wants to participate in, they do have the ability to go to a school out of the "tax area".

"NO" it is not called a "scholarship" but when mom and dad get the bill, coach says "throw it away, it is taken care of". This applies to siblings in the same system as well. It doesnt just happen at Pikeville. Paintsville does it as well many of the Independent schools. It looks like a lot of people are paying on their finacial statements but they are all non-star athletes.

 

Also, these rules dont apply when a school does not have a specific sport that the student wants to participate in, they do have the ability to go to a school out of the "tax area".

 

Pikeville's coach tells parents to throw away their tuition bills??? Very serious charge that I am sure you can't back up. Don't want to see people get in trouble on here, but this kind of statement is very dangerous and damaging, and I think you will have some 'splainin' to do. :irked:

Thanks. I never knew that about Pikeville. So what does it cost for the people that have to pay to go there?

 

$800 per year per student. Not sure how much, but there are discounts for families who have more than 1 student attending.

Pikeville's coach tells parents to throw away their tuition bills??? Very serious charge that I am sure you can't back up. Don't want to see people get in trouble on here, but this kind of statement is very dangerous and damaging, and I think you will have some 'splainin' to do. :irked:

I agree. I know Coach Jackson REAL well and he is a man of HIGH character and integrity. I couldn't ever see him doing that. You must be talking about somebody else. I wouldn't post things that you can't back up.

Pikeville's coach tells parents to throw away their tuition bills??? Very serious charge that I am sure you can't back up. Don't want to see people get in trouble on here, but this kind of statement is very dangerous and damaging, and I think you will have some 'splainin' to do. :irked:

 

 

I am not naming names. I dont even know Coach Jackson, I am saying in general. It happened to me personally as a player at one school and to other family members and friends at other schools. The "ville's" in the hills were both involved. It has been several years ago but things dont change that much. I am not trying to violate any rules but I have first hand knowledge.

I am not naming names. I dont even know Coach Jackson, I am saying in general. It happened to me personally as a player at one school and to other family members and friends at other schools. The "ville's" in the hills were both involved. It has been several years ago but things dont change that much. I am not trying to violate any rules but I have first hand knowledge.

Just to clear it up this is his first year so his name should be deleted from this conversation. I understand where you are coming from though. I know how things work in most all schools.

Just to clear it up this is his first year so his name should be deleted from this conversation. I understand where you are coming from though. I know how things work in most all schools.

 

I agree. :thumb:

Why must we prove we are doing this? If we have freedom of choice.

 

Because society undertakes the obligation to ensure that its youngest members are able to function in society when they grow up. If you want to try it yourself, you have to prove that you're doing so and not just going to King's Island every day.

I am not naming names. I dont even know Coach Jackson, I am saying in general. It happened to me personally as a player at one school and to other family members and friends at other schools. The "ville's" in the hills were both involved. It has been several years ago but things dont change that much. I am not trying to violate any rules but I have first hand knowledge.

 

If you're not going to name any names, then don't make the charge.

If you're not going to name any names, then don't make the charge.

 

Not allowed to name names, trying to follow the rules and still state facts. It happened to me. I never lived in city limits and I never paid a single tuition bill. Was told not to worry about it.

Pikeville has no "problem" with its only competition and vice versa, the Pike Co. BOE, thats all that matters. As far as I know both feel the other is on the up and up and no one is fighting them, so why bring them up?

Not allowed to name names, trying to follow the rules and still state facts. It happened to me. I never lived in city limits and I never paid a single tuition bill. Was told not to worry about it.

 

I find that very hard to believe. I know several people that have been pulled out of classes because thier parents haven't paid thier tution bills.

I find that very hard to believe. I know several people that have been pulled out of classes because thier parents haven't paid thier tution bills.
Were they athletes?
Were they athletes?

 

YES! The coach was furious, but he was told that tution has to be paid before school started.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.