Tua announcing Monday...

Jumper_Dad

If he will remain at Alabama for his senior season or move on to the NFL.

Common thinking for weeks has been that he's going to the NFL.

Several people are now saying that he may return to Alabama. Reports are that he may not be healthy enough for full workouts prior to the draft. Even so, it seems as if the Dolphins are ready to draft him at #5.

I've thought all along that he'd leave, now I'm probably 75/25 that he leaves.

If he will remain at Alabama for his senior season or move on to the NFL.

Common thinking for weeks has been that he's going to the NFL.

Several people are now saying that he may return to Alabama. Reports are that he may not be healthy enough for full workouts prior to the draft. Even so, it seems as if the Dolphins are ready to draft him at #5.

I've thought all along that he'd leave, now I'm probably 75/25 that he leaves.

I agree with you. If Miami lets him know they are taking him 5th you go because the bonus and salary for that draft slot isn't chump change. If he stays healthy there is plenty of time for the big contracts.

I agree with you. If Miami lets him know they are taking him 5th you go because the bonus and salary for that draft slot isn't chump change. If he stays healthy there is plenty of time for the big contracts.

Is Miami a well ran organization, I don't much about them. If they are a clown show like the Bengals or Browns, Tua may go back to school and hope for a better team/franchise next season.

Miami lost the first seven and won 5 of the last 9. Brian Flores is a first year HC who spent the last 11 years on the Pats staff in various positions on the defensive side. Before that he was a scout for the Pats for 4 years. I don't know much about the ownership, it is one of those deals with a managing general partner. I assume as a first year head coach he had little say in the roster so hopefully things get better. This year they turned in their 53 man roster at 4pm Saturday and within 48 hours 14 of those guys were released and 14 castaways from other teams were on the roster. Another down side is they have to play the Bills, Pats and Jets twice each. Getting back to Tua's decision all the talking heads are saying if he is well enough for full participation on the Tide's pro-day and the combine he is gone and he isn't ready then he stays.

There are certainly worse places to live for three years than Miami..

I'm all for that, could use even 3 months. Right now in south central Pennsylvania it is 19 degrees and the wind is blowing 25-30 mph--not very pleasant.

Unless it is just in his heart to win a NC, there is no reason to stay. Most likely he is the #5 pick, and if the Dolphins don't take him, the Chargers will at #6.

If he stays, he probably goes #2 behind Lawrence, and is a year further away from the big second contract. The sooner you get past your rookie contract the better.

If I'm his dad, I council him to go.

Unless it is just in his heart to win a NC, there is no reason to stay. Most likely he is the #5 pick, and if the Dolphins don't take him, the Chargers will at #6.

If he stays, he probably goes #2 behind Lawrence, and is a year further away from the big second contract. The sooner you get past your rookie contract the better.

If I'm his dad, I council him to go.

I think this is much more important for guys entering the NBA. If a QB comes into the league and gets stuck with a bad team, HC or OC, then no one may want him after his first contract is over. Everyone will consider him a bust and move on. Nothing more important to a young QB than the system in place around them. Look at nearly every franchise QB over the last 20 years, they all at least started with a stable situation in place. Even with Aikmen and Manning losing nearly every game their first year, the rest of the franchise and coaches were in place for success. If Tua doesn't like the Miami situation, he could easily wait a year. I bet Joe Burrow would come back for another year to avoid the Bengals if he could...:lol2:

Is Miami a well ran organization, I don't much about them. If they are a clown show like the Bengals or Browns, Tua may go back to school and hope for a better team/franchise next season.

Seems like they have been irradic, but not a mess.

I think the Dolphins have been trying to position themselves for this. They have 3 first round picks, and I think they have 2 picks in every round after that.

They have Fitzmagic, so they can give Tua the opportunity to completely heal and learn, and let all those draft picks mature. Seems like a good fit.