Tua

Jumper_Dad

Reading that this may be a career ending injury. It was a freak injury that could have happened anytime. One report says that it's similar to Bo Jackson's injury.

Surgery tonight or in the a.m. aftrr being helicoptered from Starkville to Birmingham during the second half of the game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading that this may be a career ending injury. It was a freak injury that could have happened anytime. One report says that it's similar to Bo Jackson's injury.

Surgery tonight or in the a.m. aftrr being helicoptered from Starkville to Birmingham during the second half of the game.

You just hate to see it in a game already decided. The latest I’m hearing is fracture and surgery. Likely fracture dislocation of hip with acetabular fracture. Not saying career over but career threatening and certainly his draft stick is damaged. This sucks.

I don't forsee this, but Tua is Junior. He could redshirt next year and use the next year and a half to rehab. He could then come back for a senior season to elevate his draft stock again.

If he leaves Alabama, he also leaves behind trainers, doctors and coaches that he gets free. Rehab could cost a ton of money, if he has to pay his own way. Might be the smart thing to do, to rehab on Bama's dime forbthe next year and a half.

I don't forsee this, but Tua is Junior. He could redshirt next year and use the next year and a half to rehab. He could then come back for a senior season to elevate his draft stock again.

If he leaves Alabama, he also leaves behind trainers, doctors and coaches that he gets free. Rehab could cost a ton of money, if he has to pay his own way. Might be the smart thing to do, to rehab on Bama's dime forbthe next year and a half.

I could be wrong but I would assume Bama would pay for most of his rehab, and then once he gets drafted which he still would get drafted somewhere in the draft. The NFL teams would be paying and doing the rehab for rehab for him.

I could be wrong but I would assume Bama would pay for most of his rehab, and then once he gets drafted which he still would get drafted somewhere in the draft. The NFL teams would be paying and doing the rehab for rehab for him.

I'm not sure he gets drafted this year...unless it's by the Patriots and they are willing to wait on him while Tom wraps up his career.

You are probably correct on Bama paying for his rehab.

Alabama just released the following statement on Tagovailoa’s status:

“Tua Tagovailoa sustained a right hip dislocation that was immediately reduced at the stadium. He is undergoing further testing to determine the best course of treatment. He is expected to make a full recovery but will miss the remainder of the season.”