Tua

Jumper_Dad

Tua was a game-time decision running the 2:00 still up 4 scores. Saban isn’t completely innocent.

Then neither is Tua for that matter. Keep i mind this injury is completely separate and unrelated to his prior injuries. Not like they went to the well one too many times or drove him into the dirt. I didn't think he needed to play at all yesterday but they cleared him and Tua is a competitor so he wanted to be out there.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tua was a game-time decision running the 2:00 still up 4 scores. Saban isn’t completely innocent.

I think every coach makes the same decision Saban did. Didn’t say he was innocent because he could have pulled him, but the majority of coaches including our guy do the same thing.

Then neither is Tua for that matter. Keep i mind this injury is completely separate and unrelated to his prior injuries. Not like they went to the well one too many times or drove him into the dirt. I didn't think he needed to play at all yesterday but they cleared him and Tua is a competitor so he wanted to be out there.

Show me a kid that doesn’t want to play. It’s the coaches who that make 10 mill a year who has to make that decision.

Show me a kid that doesn’t want to play. It’s the coaches who that make 10 mill a year who has to make that decision.

Zero wrong in his decision to keep him in. Basically every coach in the country would leave him in. Just a very unfortunate injury. The only people looking to make more of it, are ones who want to find something to bash arguably the best college coach ever. I don't like Saban, but what he did was no different than any other coach.

Zero wrong in his decision to keep him in. Basically every coach in the country would leave him in. Just a very unfortunate injury. The only people looking to make more of it, are ones who want to find something to bash arguably the best college coach ever. I don't like Saban, but what he did was no different than any other coach.

Sometimes the better coaches don’t make the best decisions for individual players. I think this is a perfect example. Cost this kid possibly his future.

Sometimes the better coaches don’t make the best decisions for individual players. I think this is a perfect example. Cost this kid possibly his future.

He did not cost him his future. Basically any coach in the country would keep him in there.

With your line of thinking. I guess a coach should have told Tua hey man you will be a top 3 pick next year. So we just aren't going to allow you to play at all this year.

Should a coach do that? I sure hope OSU coaches don't allow Chase Young to play again this year, because he could get hurt. Same with Herbert. Shoot I think any coach who may have a 1st round pick should go ahead and tell their player hey listen I am not going to let you play anymore for fear of injury.

He did not cost him his future. Basically any coach in the country would keep him in there.

With your line of thinking. I guess a coach should have told Tua hey man you will be a top 3 pick next year. So we just aren't going to allow you to play at all this year.

Should a coach do that? I sure hope OSU coaches don't allow Chase Young to play again this year, because he could get hurt. Same with Herbert. Shoot I think any coach who may have a 1st round pick should go ahead and tell their player hey listen I am not going to let you play anymore for fear of injury.

This was a totally different issue with previous injuries during the last two years. No need for him to be playing in the situation he got hurt in yesterday nor should he have even played at all yesterday. You think today he is wishing his coach had sit him out yesterday? I think we all know the answer.

This was a totally different issue with previous injuries during the last two years. No need for him to be playing in the situation he got hurt in yesterday nor should he have even played at all yesterday. You think today he is wishing his coach had sit him out yesterday? I think we all know the answer.

Not at all. The injury he had going into it didnt effect him at all and he was balling out. Just one of those things where in football unfortunate can happen at anytime, and it happened.

You are either healthy enough to play or you're not. He was and he played great. Then a freak injury happened on a normal tackle. It sucks, but no one is to blame. Well except for the people who always want to find someone to blame.

Not at all. The injury he had going into it didnt effect him at all and he was balling out. Just one of those things where in football unfortunate can happen at anytime, and it happened.

You are either healthy enough to play or you're not. He was and he played great. Then a freak injury happened on a normal tackle. It sucks, but no one is to blame. Well except for the people who always want to find someone to blame.

So that’s why he was on the field one hour before everyone else, slowly warming up, then got dressed and returned to field taking reps with 1’s and 2’s, then was a game time decision. This doesn’t scream great condition to play in does it? But if Saban holds him out as he should have, we’re not having this discussion and he would still be the #1 pick in draft. So I’ll stick with my opinion and obviously you can have yours as well.

So that’s why he was on the field one hour before everyone else, slowly warming up, then got dressed and returned to field taking reps with 1’s and 2’s, then was a game time decision. This doesn’t scream great condition to play in does it? But if Saban holds him out as he should have, we’re not having this discussion and he would still be the #1 pick in draft. So I’ll stick with my opinion and obviously you can have yours as well.

Nope because guess what the injury he got had nothing to do with his ankle. They could have held him out until their bowl game, and the injury he got on a normal tackle still could happen. Which means he still wouldn't be. If he severely hurt the same injury he had, your argument would be sort of valid. However, the injury he had didn't effect him, and had nothing to do with the injury he got.

Tua told the coaches he was fine. They warmed him up early to make sure he was ready and able to move 100%, which he was. That's why it was a game day decision, they wanted him to show them he was in fact, good to go.

If he re-injured his ankle then that would be sound logic...but previous injury had no part in this injury.

No way he would have been in had they beaten LSU the week before. He was far from 100%. A game-time decision is different then probable. I will have to agree to disagree with you all. A junior QB who was already banged up didn’t need to “practice” a 2 min drill up 4 scores. He’s now on his second surgery in 5 weeks is it? Let that soak in.

No way he would have been in had they beaten LSU the week before. He was far from 100%. A game-time decision is different then probable. I will have to agree to disagree with you all. A junior QB who was already banged up didn’t need to “practice” a 2 min drill up 4 scores. He’s now on his second surgery in 5 weeks is it? Let that soak in.

We will have to disagree, as long as you can't understand one injury had nothing to do with the other. Your anti-Saban/Alabama bias is showing.