Reds at Brewers (7/22 - 7/24)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds had runners on first and second with Sonny Gray on second. Votto up and two outs and Gray takes off for third and Votto flys out. Votto was ticked that he ran and Bell was fist bumping Gray as he came into the dugout. I honestly don't believe that nobody on the team or in the dugout knows situational baseball. Absolutely no reason for him to run. Terrible Baseball.

Votto up again with two on and lines a single to center to tie the game. Suarez kills the rally by striking out looking. Tied 1-1. Many Reds rallies has ended with a strike out looking. I guess Reds hitters are so arrogant that they think that border line pitch will always be called a ball. They would rather leave the decision with the umpire than to swing the bat.

I'd say a 2 run bomb by Suarez more than makes up for the earlier backwards K.

Reds 4-1.

Even though we all would love for Votto to get more hits when people are in scoring position like he did earlier in this game. Things that go unnoticed though, is how his simple base hit with two outs just now. Allowed the inning to continue and gave Suarez that opportunity to hit a 2 run homerun. Guys who get on base are just as important as the guys who drive them in. It takes both things happening to score runs.

Votto is now 6th all time in runs scored for the Reds. Chances are he will finish third all time by the time his career is over.