Astros at Reds (6/17-6/19)

These aren't your daddy's "Lastros", Houston has quietly become one of the best organizations in baseball over the past 5 years.

The Astros currently have the most wins in the AL while our beloved Reds are 7 games under .500 at this point.

The Reds run Ace Luis Castillo(6-1, 2.20) out tonight against Wade Miley (6-3 3.14). Miley has only allowed over 3 runs in just 1 start this season.

Tuesday night gets no easier as the Astros start Justin Verlander (9-2 2.14) against the Reds Anthony Desclafani (3-3 4.43).

Wednesday the Reds will face Gerrit Cole (6-5 3.67) as they send Tyler Mahle (2-7 4.33) out to the mound for the 12:35 start.

There is around a 50% chance of rain at the time of the opening pitch for each game...so it will be a crap shoot to see if the games all get in or not.

The Reds need to hope that between the weather and the fact that it's an early week series without the spotlight on it that the Astros come in disinterested and looking ahead to the Yankees series starting Thursday.

Come on Reds, we need 2 out of 3 here, but 3 for 3 would be awesome!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reds are in danger zone right now. The schedule before the All Star break is brutal.

3 vs Houston Astros

4 at Milwaukee Brewers

2 at Los Angeles Angels

3 vs Chicago Cubs

4 vs Milwaukee Brewers

2 vs Cleveland Indians

This is exactly the reason I said the Reds could be down 20 games by the All Star break.

The Reds are in danger zone right now. The schedule before the All Star break is brutal.

3 vs Houston Astros

4 at Milwaukee Brewers

2 at Los Angeles Angels

3 vs Chicago Cubs

4 vs Milwaukee Brewers

2 vs Cleveland Indians

This is exactly the reason I said the Reds could be down 20 games by the All Star break.

If "down 20" games means 20 below .500, the Reds would have to go 2-16 against that schedule to get to 20 below .500.

I know he popped a bunt up earlier, but it’s clear the amount of work Castillo has put into bunting, and that is nice to see out of an athlete in today’s society.

It actually reminds me of watching Cueto try to bunt early on vs what he was by the end of his Reds tenure.

Castillo will never the the Reds best pitcher and walk 6 batters in a game and refuse to throw first pitch strikes. Tonight, has a three run lead and just loses concentration and walks the sixth ans seventh hitters. Just can not happen. Have to be tougher mentally.

Just looked up GIDP, as I felt Winker had to be leading the league and was shocked by 2 different results.

1. Winker ranks 16th in the league. I’d have figured that much higher.

2. The career leader is Albert Pujols. I know he’s had a handful of down years, but who thinks of that name as a career leader there. Really made me realize that when it comes to most of these players it’s all in what perspective you view things in.