2019 Masters

GrantNKY

Par 3 Contest today and the best 4 day stretch of the year starts tomorrow. Lots of buzz around Tiger again this year, but this time it appears to be more than just cautious optimism. Jordan Spieth has figured it out with the flat stick so I expect him to be there on Sunday. Rory is the hottest golfer on the planet, but Augusta has been in his head ever since his meltdown in 2010. Phil is playing some pretty good golf this year as well. This is going to be a phenomenal tournament this year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf is different because it’s an individual sport, but I’m not sure any athlete outside of Muhammad Ali has ever captivated a sport the way Tiger does.

It's not even remotely close... Tiger is the most polarizing athlete of this generation.

Speith stinks right now. Worse than number 200 in fairways hit and sand saves. Maybe he can get it together at a place where he’s had success.

Gotta think Rory and Justin Rose will be in the mix.

Masters is my second-favorite tournament to watch, with The Open being first.

It's not even remotely close... Tiger is the most polarizing athlete of this generation.

I don't think that polarizing is the right word. By far the vast majority of golf fans like him. He's still the most popular player on tour and has been, since he turned pro. I know there are a handful of haters, but they are miniscule compared to those that are fans.

Tiger will have the biggest galleries this week and every other week he plays.

Lebron is far more polarizing.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

I don't think that polarizing is the right word. By far the vast majority of golf fans like him. He's still the most popular player on tour and has been, since he turned pro. I know there are a handful of haters, but they are miniscule compared to those that are fans.

Lebron is far more polarizing.

Unfortunately, the Tiger haters are legion. That being said, it’s not been as vitriolic since his falloff and subsequent “comeback”.

This is what I was getting at, vocab police. :lol2:

Tiger has always and still has the biggest draw of any professional athlete in my lifetime. There is no one who brings more eyes to the “field” or TV when he is competing.