2019 Masters

GrantNKY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was kind of funny the lengths at which ESPN went to keep showing Tiger on their leader board. When he was tied for the lead at -3, with about 4 or 5 others, that's the only group they showed. When more joined at -3 (I think there was about 8 or 9 of them at the time) and he dropped down to -2...they showed the leaders and him...nevermind that there were a bunch of others at his score too. And then when things started to break up and Brooks/Bryson/Phil started to separate...all of a sudden the leader board got broken up into two screens...with Tiger on the second screen. (I'm still not sure they had everyone shown at -2 or not at that time.)

Look, I get why they did it. I just thought it was funny the extent that they went to do it.

I thought it was kind of funny the lengths at which ESPN went to keep showing Tiger on their leader board. When he was tied for the lead at -3, with about 4 or 5 others, that's the only group they showed. When more joined at -3 (I think there was about 8 or 9 of them at the time) and he dropped down to -2...they showed the leaders and him...nevermind that there were a bunch of others at his score too. And then when things started to break up and Brooks/Bryson/Phil started to separate...all of a sudden the leader board got broken up into two screens...with Tiger on the second screen. (I'm still not sure they had everyone shown at -2 or not at that time.)

Look, I get why they did it. I just thought it was funny the extent that they went to do it.

It has always been this way. The best has always been when networks show Tiger's score at the top of what ever grouping of players he is tied with, which is totally not how you are supposed to reflect a golf leaderboard.

Edited by bugatti

When people are getting home from work and turning on the TV the first thing they want to know is where is Tiger at. If CBS can have a Zion Cam for the NCAA tourney, they should have a Tiger Cam for the Masters haha

Brooks birdies 1 and Dechambeau birdies 2. These two might run away with it. Phil with a good look at birdie on 2 to try and keep pace.

It’s obviously early, but if Brooks does end up winning this, he would be only the 3rd active player with 4 major wins. Tiger, Phil, Brooks.

Tiger Woods. Final group sunday at The Masters. To say I’m pumped up for tomorrow would be a massive understatement. Only thing that could put a damper on tomorrow is Molinari running away with it. Dude is hands down the most boring golfer I’ve ever watched. The dude is a robot. Rooting like hell for Tiger, but if it’s not meant to be just please don’t let Molinari win the green jacket. Finau, Koepka, Simpson, hell I’d even rather see Ian Poulter win than Molinari because at least Poulter is entertaining. Just anybody but Molinari.