2019 Miss Basketball Finalists

1st Region – Elizabeth Curtis (Murray)

2nd Region – Karlie Keeney (Webster County)

3rd Region – Kayla Young (Breckinridge County)

4th Region – Sarah Sutton (Allen County-Scottsville)

5th Region – Maddie Wood (Marion County)

6th Region – Emmy Ralph (Bullitt East)

7th Region – Nila Blackford (Manual)

8th Region – Jaclynn Ruble (Anderson County)

9th Region – Zoie Barth (Highlands), Lauren Schwartz (Ryle)

10th Region – Madison Kellione (Harrison County)

11th Region – Maaliya Owens (Scott County)

12th Region – Emma King (Lincoln County)

13th Region – Raegan Hubbard (North Laurel)

14th Region – Jada Higgins (Knott County Central)

15th Region – Anna Keaton (Paintsville)

16th Region – Savannah Wheeler (Boyd County)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Associate Press voters.

I am pretty sure all the head coaches around the state get to vote as well. Can someone confirm? All the head coaches, media and former Miss Basketball winners have until February 22 to vote now that the official ballot has been released.

I am pretty sure all the head coaches around the state get to vote as well. Can someone confirm? All the head coaches, media and former Miss Basketball winners have until February 22 to vote now that the official ballot has been released.

You’re correct.

Kentucky’s Miss Basketball award is presented by the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches and Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation.

Only the 17 finalists will appear on the ballot. Unless there some type of write-in process, Harrison or any other player not listed on the ballot can’t win Miss Basketball.

Kentucky’s Miss Basketball award is presented by the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches and Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation.

Only the 17 finalists will appear on the ballot. Unless there some type of write-in process, Harrison or any other player not listed on the ballot can’t win Miss Basketball.

Kind of makes sense. Why would Harrison be a candidate or win Mrs Basketball if she isn’t even the top player in her own region?

Kind of makes sense. Why would Harrison be a candidate or win Mrs Basketball if she isn’t even the top player in her own region?

I was so shocked when I saw she didn't get it. If you go read the Cats Pause article on Miss Basketball, they have her as one of the top 3 along with Wheeler and King. :idunno:

I was so shocked when I saw she didn't get it. If you go read the Cats Pause article on Miss Basketball, they have her as one of the top 3 along with Wheeler and King. :idunno:

I don’t put a ton of stock in Cats Pause high school previews. Have seen multiple times they list top players from teams of kids that graduated or aren’t even playing that season. And also didn’t Kellione make 1st team 10th region and Harrison 3rd team last year 2017-18 season? Why the expectation that Harrison was going to jump a 1st team selection from the previous season? I think it’s hard to argue the selection of Kellione as the 10ths top player this season in my opinion. She has had a very good season.

It happens across the state with level of competition that someone plays compared to others and most don't take that into consideration. Watched Harrison play AAU all summer and she is a really good player that has played better competition. If she played at Harrison County she would average a lot more points/rebounds etc. Not knocking Harrison they have a good team and they have had a good year. Clark plays a brutal schedule and has arguably two other D1 players on their team. I don't agree with the KABC awards and never will. Complete joke in my opinion with those 16 players only having a shot at Miss Basketball. They are players on their that aren't close to the level of other kids in other regions. If you followed girls basketball closely you would know that. They are D1 players on teams in Louisville and Lexington that are not in a weaker region that are better players, just isn't fair to them. I had a coach bragging about a kid scoring 2,000 points, which is a big deal, but if you are playing teams that are awful, and your team is bad so you play the entire game, it isn't hard to score a lot of points.