Should Frank Robinson have been on the All Century Team?

Should Frank Robinson have made the All Century team?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should Frank Robinson have made the All Century team?

• Yes. He's in the top 10, and should replace...
    • No. He's still great, but there's 10 better.

I didn't want to hijack the thread on Frank's passing, but @Mack The Knife made an interesting comment...and that was that Frank didn't make MLB's All Century Team back in '99.

They chose 10 from a pool of 34 (in which Frank was included). Here's who made it.

Babe Ruth

Hank Aaron

Ted Williams

Willie Mays

Joe Dimaggio

Mickey Mantle

Ty Cobb

Ken Griffey Jr.

Pete Rose

Stan Musial

Amongst the others who didn't "make it" with Frank were:

Lou Brock

Tony Gwynn

Rickey Henderson

Al Kaline

Mel Ott

Tris Speaker

Carl Yastzremski

So, should Frank have made the All Century Team? And, if so...you have to remove one of the other 10 who did.

I don't think he should have been chosen although he was a very good payer. There were a great number of HOF players from approximately 1955-75. I attribute it in large part to the African American and Latino players finally being allowed to play.

Also, why are there no pitchers on the all century team? Best pitcher in my lifetime: Sandy Koufax......... a Cincinnati native, I believe.

I don't think he should have been chosen although he was a very good payer. There were a great number of HOF players from approximately 1955-75. I attribute it in large part to the African American and Latino players finally being allowed to play.

Also, why are there no pitchers on the all century team? Best pitcher in my lifetime: Sandy Koufax......... a Cincinnati native, I believe.

They had 9 pitchers on the team. Koufax was the 2nd leading vote-getter amongst pitchers.

They had 9 pitchers on the team. Koufax was the 2nd leading vote-getter amongst pitchers.

Crazy who got left off that list, too. Steve Carlton, Dizzy Dean, Bob Feller, Greg Maddox, Juan Marichal, Satchel Paige, Jim Palmer and Tom Seaver, amongst others. If you told me I had to pick a starting 5 from those guys...I'd do it in a heartbeat, and feel great about taking anybody on!