Bullitt East 77 Spencer County 70

This is shaping up to be a pretty disappointing season for Spencer County. I'm sure their legs still haven't recovered from those games 2 weeks ago they played.

It won’t get any easier. This was the perfect year for them to finally beat Bullitt East, another team that’s searching for an identity. Now they get a few days off before a tough Thursday/Saturday turnaround. WV, then S Oldham. Getting one of those could salvage some confidence. If they lose both, the young bears may not finish .500 this year.

It won’t get any easier. This was the perfect year for them to finally beat Bullitt East, another team that’s searching for an identity. Now they get a few days off before a tough Thursday/Saturday turnaround. WV, then S Oldham. Getting one of those could salvage some confidence. If they lose both, the young bears may not finish .500 this year.

No excuses for the Bears. They came into this season knowing they had one of the toughest schedules in the region and at this point could care less about their record. They should be plenty battle tested for when it matters at the end of the year. Walton Verona on the road and then South Oldham Saturday. Gallatin the next week. I'm enjoying watching this young team battle and get better. Losing their first guy off the bench with a broken foot in the King of The Bluegrass has been tough but he will be back at the end.

Straitshooter--You've always been Spencer County's biggest fan. Any chance to get a jab you take it. Be careful what you say they may surprise you at the end.

No excuses for the Bears. They came into this season knowing they had one of the toughest schedules in the region and at this point could care less about their record. They should be plenty battle tested for when it matters at the end of the year. Walton Verona on the road and then South Oldham Saturday. Gallatin the next week. I'm enjoying watching this young team battle and get better. Losing their first guy off the bench with a broken foot in the King of The Bluegrass has been tough but he will be back at the end.

Straitshooter--You've always been Spencer County's biggest fan. Any chance to get a jab you take it. Be careful what you say they may surprise you at the end.

You're right. If they make the region that will be a surprise. What's it been? Once in the last 20 years?

The Spencer schedule is definitely tougher this year. They are a solid team, don't think they have played as well this season as some thought they would. The ball is in their court, I am sure by the end of the year they will be in the 17-18 win total which isn't too bad versus this schedule. They should be prepped for the post season.

Where Spencer is NOW is probably nowhere near where they will be at the END of the regular season.

Granted, only about 8-9 games remain, but Spencer has an extremely talented starting five and they are young. Their growth curve is - and will continue to be for a while - a much tougher, but faster, climb upwards than most teams.

If they can get some production from the young man who was injured in the KOB, it will help a lot, as the biggest flaw in this team is the lack of depth. "Fresh legs" - or lack thereof - will play a big part of this team's ultimate success.

As for the district, I think Spencer has an excellent chance to make the region, but they most likely will have to overcome a pretty competitive Anderson County team to advance. But I think they have an excellent opportunity to do just that.

CM

Bullitt East just took down number one seeded Butler in the LIT. Spencer County played them Friday night on their home court and was literally robbed by the refs. So Spencer County has one game this year that they didn't have a chance and that was Collins. Like I said their record might be a little deceiving.

Bullitt East just took down number one seeded Butler in the LIT. Spencer County played them Friday night on their home court and was literally robbed by the refs. So Spencer County has one game this year that they didn't have a chance and that was Collins. Like I said their record might be a little deceiving.

I'm not sure who ranked these teams or what criteria they used but no way Bulter should have been ranked #1. They are not better than Trinity or St. X. they also lost to #7 seed Male and #10 seed Fern Creek the also lost to a 8-7 Moore team.

I don’t play into that score comparison rationale. Butler had about a dozen unforced turnovers in the game. Bullitt East made some plays late, but Butler is by no means a good team. I hadn’t seen them this season. I was scratching my head the entire game wondering where all the accolades came from.

I don’t play into that score comparison rationale. Butler had about a dozen unforced turnovers in the game. Bullitt East made some plays late, but Butler is by no means a good team. I hadn’t seen them this season. I was scratching my head the entire game wondering where all the accolades came from.

I didn't see the game tonight, but I have seen Butler 3 times this season and you are correct, they are just a so so team.