Covington Catholic at Newport Catholic predictions

Big game tonight high up on the Hill in Newport!

Looking forward to a great game, and my inner guts are telling me that NewCath wins this one at home. They've got the goods, the hustle, and the talent to put the ball in the hole either from deep or close range. CovCath is struggling to find consistency, and it won't get any easier for them in a place very difficult to find a visiting "W" in.

I can't decide if the Breds are gonna get so hot that they blow minds with a decidedly dominant victory, or if they pull out a close one. I just know that CovCath is aching to get some respect, and will come to play, so I'll pick the later.

Newport Catholic 62

Covington Catholic 59

Many in NKY would be surprised if NCC wins this matchup tonight.

I don't think the current NCC roster has ever been within 15 points of the current CCH roster if you take into consideration the JV and Freshman games from the past few of years.

I am going with CCH by 15. That being said, I did underestimate the other team from Newport in their game last night.

Not that it matters for this year but - Last year the JV game was a 6 point game late until NCC Coach received 2 technical fouls and an ejection. I believe the game ended with a CCH victory by 10-15 or so after that.

I think this will be a good one to take in. Size for CCH may be too much for NCC to handle though.

Breds' Howard and Iles have to be on their 'A' game tonight for NCC to win as I don't see Mullikin having much success inside.

If CCH doesn’t take it by double digits; we will have an interesting 9th. NCC will play hard but they are at least a year away. I don’t anticipate being that close.

I agree that they're at least a year away, but they still play with a ton of guts and talent, and I wouldn't sleep on them thinking that this this year isn't their year.

They've got what it takes to put together a good game against the Colonels, and I expect them to have people talking about how they can no longer be left out of the conversation in the tough battle for the 36th District.

Tall order for them for sure to get past Newport and Highlands, but I don't see either of those teams blowing them out, and neither do I with CovCath.

They're probably fine with folks thinking that they're down the list in rankings, but it's not at all out of the question for them to sneak in a statement victory over teams no one thought that they could.

I agree that they're at least a year away, but they still play with a ton of guts and talent, and I wouldn't sleep on them thinking that this this year isn't their year.

They've got what it takes to put together a good game against the Colonels, and I expect them to have people talking about how they can no longer be left out of the conversation in the tough battle for the 36th District.

Tall order for them for sure to get past Newport and Highlands, but I don't see either of those teams blowing them out, and neither do I with CovCath.

They're probably fine with folks thinking that they're down the list in rankings, but it's not at all out of the question for them to sneak in a statement victory over teams no one thought that they could.

You don’t have to convince me, been on the other end too many times. Hopefully you can take it to the other fish eaters. 36th battle could get interesting.