Open Job: Whitley County

HT721

They are calling it a resignation, but it was definitely forced. Also was told by multiple people that before the season started the principal (who has never really coached) forced Chappell to run the offense of his choosing, and that fact has already ran off a couple of targets Whitley wanted to hire for next year.

Dirty way, Chappell was done in Whitley county. I’m hearing he could be on his way to Middlesboro. He will finish the school year as a teacher at Whitley County.

Whitley County always has high expectations but from what I’m hearing and you’ve pretty much covered it. It’s a very political job.

No dog in the fight but the Principal if their website is updated, was the top assistant @ Henderson Co. during his time there, was an assistant in Alabama at Pelham High School & was the head coach one year at Paul Dunbar in Lexington. He also played @ Whitley Co. & graduated from there in 1998.

No dog in the fight but the Principal if their website is updated, was the top assistant @ Henderson Co. during his time there, was an assistant in Alabama at Pelham High School & was the head coach one year at Paul Dunbar in Lexington. He also played @ Whitley Co. & graduated from there in 1998.

I'm pretty sure that you are correct. He knows football, but if he wants to be the coach, then they need to name him the coach. Otherwise, let the Coach do the coaching.

I agree 100%. Nothing worse than an administrator dabbling into the Athletics Department.....

I'm pretty sure that you are correct. He knows football, but if he wants to be the coach, then they need to name him the coach. Otherwise, let the Coach do the coaching.

• 1 month later...