"_____ is back" 2018 Edition

GrantNKY

Does Michigan have to beat Ohio State to be considered back?

I guess it depends on your definition of "back". I think Michigan will bounce back from the 8-5 season last year. I look for Michigan to have 10 or more wins, and a new year bowl.

I guess it depends on your definition of "back". I think Michigan will bounce back from the 8-5 season last year. I look for Michigan to have 10 or more wins, and a new year bowl.

IMO, being "back" for the schools I named is competing for a National Championship because that's where the fans and the school have placed those expectations.

IMO, being "back" for the schools I named is competing for a National Championship because that's where the fans and the school have placed those expectations.

If competing for a NC is the measure, none of those teams you listed are doing that this year, IMO.

If competing for a NC is the measure, none of those teams you listed are doing that this year, IMO.

I think I would agree. Texas has the potential to fool us this year similar to Miami last year. But I don't think any of them can compete with the top 5-6 teams in the country even though a couple of these teams will likely be there.

Gotcha.

Michigan is still my pick out of the teams listed. Their D will be back, Patterson will fill the void the offense was missing.

I think the question will be whether or not Harbaugh will reel Patterson in or let him go. Patterson is a little loose with the ball at times and likes to force things.