Reds At Indians (7/9-7/11)

Reds win game one.

A healthy Disco replacing a very bad Homer Bailey has made a tremendous difference in the pitching staff.

Winker has 25 RBI last 30 games. I think that’s right about the time he moved out of the leadoff spot.

Hitting .351 with an OBP of .460.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullpen is struggling mightily now. Seems like everyone has stubbed their toes recently. Last 3 games have not been good. Able to overcome it last night because they had a big cushion. They need to get it figured out.

1) Votto comes up huge.

2) Suarez with the insurance run.

3) Any comment on Scooter’s baserunning?

4) The Cleveland bullpen is atrocious.

Scooters baserunning is ok, he was trying to make sure the runner going home crossed the plate. He was a dead duck regardless so for the situation, he gets a pass.

Votto stinks for sure.:idunno:

I come home from being out with my wife. I turn on the TV. It's the beginning of the top of the ninth. Reds down 4-0. Well, you know the rest. I take full credit for this win.

From @jluckhaupt: Votto in his career in the 9th inning or later with a chance to tie or take the lead is hitting: .298/.460/.536

Since 1970, only Bonds (1.022), Chipper (1.004), Sheffield (1.002), and Helton (.998) have a higher OPS in those situations (min 300 such PA)

Tremendous comeback for the Reds. Really liked the way some of the batters worked the count against Allen. This team is becoming fun to watch and I hope they can maintain some semblance of competitiveness up to and through the break. Let's just hope that the front office doesn't force Homer into the pitching mix. I think at this juncture he would just be a cancer on this young pitching staff.

Hard to stay away after that win last night. Huge comeback win with so many clutch at bats in the 9th. Loved that they kept fighting, even though they really weren't successful all night. Huge at bats by Peraza, Duvall, Herrera, and then Votto!

Hard not to think that the guys are having a lot more fun than the first 30 games of the season.