Reds At Indians (7/9-7/11)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won 2 of the 3 games of the series but sure finished with a flop. But a 17 run loss doesn’t count any different than a 1 run loss.

I’ve not watch very much baseball since the 1994 strike canceled the World Series but lately I’ve watched a few innings of this young Reds team. It’s hard to get around it in our golf course clubhouse with the diehards having all the TV’s tuned in to their games.

Heard on news last night that Bailey is "starting" two more times in Louisville and then returning to the rotation. Does that mean that Harvey deal is imminent or are they contemplating sending Castillo down to get himself "right"?

I'd have to think that they will trade Harvey. However, with all the young guys in the rotation I could also see them going with a 6 man rotation at some point to limit innings.

@redsfan_Brandon

Jesse Winker has been hitting like 2015-2017 Joey Votto (.320/.449/.557) for almost two months and it feels like he's flying under the radar.

Since May 23 (148 PA), Winker is slashing .333/.456/.550 with a 17.6 BB% and 12.8 K%. Kid is a cornerstone bat, imo. #Reds @Reds

@redsfan_Brandon

Jesse Winker has been hitting like 2015-2017 Joey Votto (.320/.449/.557) for almost two months and it feels like he's flying under the radar.

Since May 23 (148 PA), Winker is slashing .333/.456/.550 with a 17.6 BB% and 12.8 K%. Kid is a cornerstone bat, imo. #Reds @Reds

If he can keep it up for a longer period of time he can out offense his not so hot at times defense.

Is it possible that Winker ends up being a first baseman at some point in his career?

You know, while watching the other night, I was saying to myself, "get Votto out of the game and rest him." Then I thought, "wait who is the backup first baseman?"

Who is it?

Winker might be a good choice. Perhaps they should give it a try during the next away Inter-league game.