Frederick Douglass 2018

Ram

What does Frederick Douglass need to do to improve in 2018? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

They should be pretty good again this season probably right behind Scott County again this season. What will be key is how the new QB blends in with the returning players. If he can throw the ball out there Douglass is very talented at the WR position. Also if they have someone who can take over running the ball the way that Jefferson Harkless did last year they will be tough to handle.

Some key football players this year. I know I left off some kids sorry but they have a nice roster returning.

Sr. QB Cameron Jones 6'8 255

Sr. OL/DL Collin Hanshel 6'5 250

Sr. OL/DL Jeffery Black 6'1 328

Sr. OL/DL Jayshaun Coffman 6'4 260

Sr. OL/DL Antonio Chenault 5'7 228

Jr. OL/DL Tre'Jawn Scott 5'11 317

Jr. OL/DL Walker Parks 6'5 255

Jr. OL/DL Jake O'Buck 6'5 300

Jr. OL/DL Dorian Steele 6'1 259

So. OL/DL Romarion Warner 6'1 242

So. OL/DL Jagger Burton 6'3 248

So. OL/DL Dalton Quigley 6'4 265

Fr. OL/DL Wyatt Hawkins 6'1 271

Sr. RB/DB Demarco Fishback 5'9 170

Sr. RB/DB Kyle Jackson 5'9 180

Sr. RB/DB Robert Coleman 5'9 175

Jr. RB/LB Elias McKenzie 6'1 200

So. RB/LB Darius Neal 5'10 185

Sr. QB/WR Montaveon Bean 6'1 151

Sr. LB David Arnold 6'1 198

Sr. WR/LB Gabe Hillyard 5'11 195

Sr. WR/RB/DB Brion Thomas 5'6 160

Sr. LB Kenja Clay 6'0 215

Sr. WR/DB Daiyaan Perkins 5'7 145

Sr. TE/LB Xavier Fogle 6'0 211

Jr. DB Devin Neal 5'11 192

Jr. DB Jaylin Bybee 5'9 165

Jr. OL/DL Lonnie Collins 5'10 235

Some of you knowledgeable F D fans tell me how a relative new school got so blessed with so much football talent ? It usually takes 8-10 years for a new school to make a mark. F D arrived on the scene ready to rock and roll.

Some of you knowledgeable F D fans tell me how a relative new school got so blessed with so much football talent ? It usually takes 8-10 years for a new school to make a mark. F D arrived on the scene ready to rock and roll.

I know nothing about FD. Collins is an example of a new school that didn’t need to wait 8-10 years to be good. Great Crossing I doubt will have the success FD has had but they have the potential to be better than average right out the gate.

Easy answer there - talent. If you have talented athletes, you win. Did Fayette Co. schools have any rules on how students matriculated to F D? If they said that if you are in that district then you are going to F D, then you could have an instant winner if you get talented upper classmen from day 1.

Cooper High School in N. Ky. played in the 5A championship 4 or 5 years after opening, so you can be a winner quickly if you have talent in your district. If Boone Co. Schools had told all the seniors and juniors in Cooper's district that they had to attend Cooper year one, I think they would have been a winner even sooner, maybe even year one.

• 2 weeks later...
All 3 transfers from LCA ruled ineligible by KHSAA

For now. I'm sure there will be an appeal.

I have heard today that there was actually 4 players who were ruled ineligible by the KHSAA. All four appealed and a federal judge overturned all 4's ineligibly. The KHSAA has 15 days I believe from the order to make the transfers eligible. Then they will have to meet the 11 calendar days of practice before playing. They could be eligible for the first game but probably the 2nd game if the KHSAA delays making them eligible. They should be a big help for the Broncos.