Highlands 3 Covington Catholic 2 (9th Region Finals)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Kind of a bummer of a way to end the season for the Colonels, but the Birds played a solid game, and ESPECIALLY Rom. Drew actually got to 1st twice tonight HBP.

Sounded like it was two good teams and two good pitchers going at it. What was up with the strategy to start Rom at RF and bring him after two different pitchers? I guess it worked, just seemed weird to bring in Cramer for a minute.

Sounded like it was two good teams and two good pitchers going at it. What was up with the strategy to start Rom at RF and bring him after two different pitchers? I guess it worked, just seemed weird to bring in Cramer for a minute.

When would you have used Rom?

JB has been doing weird stuff like that for the past 4 years. I believe this is the first time any 9th Region team has 4-peated. Congratulations are in order for the mighty Bluebirds!

When would you have used Rom?

I don't know, I guess I wouldn't have brought in Cramer for 1 inning. I'm not baseball guy at all though. Honestly curious on why it went that way.

Congratulations Highlands :angrybird12:!

Last time a team won 4 in a row?

JB has been doing weird stuff like that for the past 4 years. I believe this is the first time any 9th Region team has 4-peated. Congratulations are in order for the mighty Bluebirds!

I believe it's been over 60 years since a school won four or more straight titles. New Cath won seven in a row (1948-1954). Takes nothing away from the Bluebirds; a four-peat is an amazing accomplishment!