Anderson County graduation abruptly canceled tonight

BigVMan23

With very little notice, graduation ceremonies that were to start at 6:30 tonight in Lawrenceburg have been canceled due to inclement weather earlier in the day. Creeks are up, trees down and power lines as well, all supposedly hindering people from the county to get to the school. People on Facebook are livid with the decision. Many were already at the school preparing for the ceremony. No time has been set yet for a makeup ceremony.

Was it outdoors?

Actually was scheduled at KY State in Frankfort. Evidently had some power issues on campus as well what I heard. Graduation has been rescheduled in two sessions tomorrow night in Lawrenceburg...6:00 and 8:00.

Actually was scheduled at KY State in Frankfort. Evidently had some power issues on campus as well what I heard. Graduation has been rescheduled in two sessions tomorrow night in Lawrenceburg...6:00 and 8:00.

Two session graduation? Thats different.

No reason for people to be upset. Schools make decisions that they feel are necessary. I seriously doubt the administration woke up this morning thinking about how they can upset a bunch of parents.

If only the Frankfort Convention Center had not been torn down. Not the same issue I know. But the County schools in Frankfort having to go out of town for graduation is ridiculous!

If only the Frankfort Convention Center had not been torn down. Not the same issue I know. But the County schools in Frankfort having to go out of town for graduation is ridiculous!

If only the state was smart enough to build a civic center that was actually functional on the same land the old one was on, maybe the state could make some money.

Anybody know how much the Horse Park charged for schools to have graduation there? Was there for my nephew's (Franklin County) and know that Scott County and Western Hills also had theirs there too. I think they did 4 or 5 graduations in one day.

I know what the one day rental is for the horse park arena, not sure if they discount it for the schools or not but its pricey.

So how much is a one day rental?

I heard $15,000, but I don't know that as fact. Evidently Anderson looked at using that facility but cost was just too high and evidently couldn't find someone to split the cost with.

I heard $15,000, but I don't know that as fact. Evidently Anderson looked at using that facility but cost was just too high and evidently couldn't find someone to split the cost with.

As I said, "to open the doors and turn the lights on". You want a solid floor and not dirt, that adds 4,000 to the tab. So $15K for a day is probably close. Plus all the extras.