CCH's Krumpelbeck and 1,000 wins

Covington Catholic baseball coach Bill Krumpelbeck is within 10 wins of achieving 1,000 career wins as head coach. He is in his 42nd season as head coach. Only three coaches in Kentucky have 1,000 career wins in baseball (stats do not include 2018 results):

Larry Gumm, Green County, 44 years ..... 1006-493

Mac Whitaker, Harrison County, 40 years.. 1085-330

Bill Miller, Pleasure Ridge Park, 38 years .. 1132-304 (recently passed away)

CCH has 12 regular season games left plus postseason. Odds are Coach Krumpelbeck gets 1,000 this season. Let the countdown begin.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat St. Henry today in the first game of a double header. 9 wins away?

I believe that is accurate. I am basing this off of the khsaa.org stats and CCH's record so far this year.

I would like it if someone would verify accuracy of these numbers.

44, 42, 40, 38 years - man, that's a long time coaching baseball. I was an assistant coach for five years and it was a struggle. I'm impressed with the dedication show by each of these four men, among others, and the impact they've had on so many kids' lives.

I wonder how many total varsity wins his former players have.

I would be utterly shocked if it didn't outnumber him by a good amount. Coach Krumps is a great gut. He teaches fundamental baseball with the skill that not many have, similar to the style that he teaches the fundamentals of biology. There's nothing fancy about the way that he teaches either, but there's no denying that when you finish with his biology class or with his baseball program, that you have as sound a fundamental grasp on what he has taught you as anyone out there.

I would be utterly shocked if it didn't outnumber him by a good amount. Coach Krumps is a great gut. He teaches fundamental baseball with the skill that not many have, similar to the style that he teaches the fundamentals of biology. There's nothing fancy about the way that he teaches either, but there's no denying that when you finish with his biology class or with his baseball program, that you have as sound a fundamental grasp on what he has taught you as anyone out there.

Besides Rosel what other coaches are on the coaching tree?

Arlo

Bieger

Jeremy Collins

Who else?

Krumplebeck coaching tree some current some former varsity coaches

Arlinghaus- Conner

Roesel- Ryle

Bieger- St Henry, Cooper

Collins- Ludlow, Cooper

Eckerle- NCC

Wilhoite- Boone Co

Wermling- Holy Cross

Probably missed someone, plenty more who were not varsity coaches

Krumplebeck coaching tree some current some former varsity coaches

Arlinghaus- Conner

Roesel- Ryle

Bieger- St Henry, Cooper

Collins- Ludlow, Cooper

Eckerle- NCC

Wilhoite- Boone Co

Wermling- Holy Cross

Probably missed someone, plenty more who were not varsity coaches

Was Eckerle the head coach in his New Cath days? I knew that he coached baseball there, but I didn't realize he was the skipper.

I believe that is accurate. I am basing this off of the khsaa.org stats and CCH's record so far this year.

I would like it if someone would verify accuracy of these numbers.

I trust that these totals are correct too. Cov Cath has kept accurate, “copious and voluminous” sports records for a long, long time.

993 wins and counting. Win #1000 may come against Coach Roesel, as Ryle is on the schedule for the last two regular season games.

Win #1? 7-3 over Holmes in 1977.

Covington Catholic school stats currently has Coach Krumps at 994 career wins after today's 6-5 win over Ryle.

Cov Cath's remaining regular season schedule:

May 10 - Beechwood (away) 5:00 PM

May 11 - Highlands (Various Sites) 5:00 PM Coach Conner Classic

May 12 - TBA (Various Sites) Coach Conner Classic

May 14 - Campbell County (away) 5:00 PM

May 15 - Newport Central Catholic (away) 5:00 PM

May 16 - Boone County (home) 5:00 PM

May 18 - Ryle (home) 5:00 PM

May 19 - Ryle (away) 12:00 PM

Covington Catholic school stats currently has Coach Krumps at 994 career wins after today's 6-5 win over Ryle.

Cov Cath's remaining regular season schedule:

May 10 - Beechwood (away) 5:00 PM

May 11 - Highlands (Various Sites) 5:00 PM Coach Conner Classic

May 12 - TBA (Various Sites) Coach Conner Classic

May 14 - Campbell County (away) 5:00 PM

May 15 - Newport Central Catholic (away) 5:00 PM

May 16 - Boone County (home) 5:00 PM

May 18 - Ryle (home) 5:00 PM

May 19 - Ryle (away) 12:00 PM

Cov Cath is 2-0 against Highlands, 1-0 against Campbell County, and 2-0 against Ryle this season.

They are yet to have faced Beechwood, New Cath or Boone County this season. The Colonels are currently standing at 19-7-0, the Tigers are at 16-7-0, the Breds are at 14-8-0, and the Rebels are at 11-8-0.

Cov Cath is 2-0 against Highlands, 1-0 against Campbell County, and 2-0 against Ryle this season.

They are yet to have faced Beechwood, New Cath or Boone County this season. The Colonels are currently standing at 19-7-0, the Tigers are at 16-7-0, the Breds are at 14-8-0, and the Rebels are at 11-8-0.

CovCath is actually now 20-7 on the season. This is the 32nd consecutive year of 20+ wins for Krumpelbeck.