CCH's Krumpelbeck and 1,000 wins

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington Catholic school stats currently has Coach Krumps at 994 career wins after today's 6-5 win over Ryle.

Cov Cath's remaining regular season schedule:

May 10 - Beechwood (away) 5:00 PM

May 11 - Highlands (Various Sites) 5:00 PM Coach Conner Classic

May 12 - TBA (Various Sites) Coach Conner Classic

May 14 - Campbell County (away) 5:00 PM

May 15 - Newport Central Catholic (away) 5:00 PM

May 16 - Boone County (home) 5:00 PM

May 18 - Ryle (home) 5:00 PM

May 19 - Ryle (away) 12:00 PM

What's the count at?

Per the scoreboard, no wins since the post above so the count should still be at 994.

Rain, rain go away...

Good point. The Colonels and Krumps need to play these Ryle games. There should be at least one more win for sure in round one of district play. That gets him to 997. Even if they get both Ryle games in and they are wins, CCH is going to need to win the district or win round 1 in the regional to get to 1,000. Miss either Ryle game and the task gets more difficult.

Game called for rain. My guess they will try and finish the game tomorrow at Ryle before they play saturdays game. Not sure the point of this game as it was added late and with Ryle having a district game on Sunday at 5 pm vs boone. I would imagine any coach would want all their pitching available for Sunday leaving slim pickings to throw against the Cov Cath powerful bats. Could the purpose of these games be to pad wins? I thought the Ryle coach played for krumps....hmmm?!?!?

Game called for rain. My guess they will try and finish the game tomorrow at Ryle before they play saturdays game. Not sure the point of this game as it was added late and with Ryle having a district game on Sunday at 5 pm vs boone. I would imagine any coach would want all their pitching available for Sunday leaving slim pickings to throw against the Cov Cath powerful bats. Could the purpose of these games be to pad wins? I thought the Ryle coach played for krumps....hmmm?!?!?

I don't think the game is being made up.

Shouldn’t be made up. These two against Ryle mean nothing, and are detrimental to at least one of the teams from a preparation perspective.

Cov Cath is good enough to get to 1,000 without the padding.

Not making a prediction, but they do have the talent.