Open Job: Danville

He did a good job. Made good in game adjustments. They are very young and the young group isn't like the group they have had, except for Ivy and even with her they were way down. Good news for the Briar Jumpers in Class A region.

Has this been reported anywhere? First I heard of it. Seems very, very unusual to get rid of him after only one year where he took a depleted squad and pulled out a .500 record. I just don't see who the Ads hope to get unless Judie Mason, who is still in house, wants to get back into things.

Has this been reported anywhere? First I heard of it. Seems very, very unusual to get rid of him after only one year where he took a depleted squad and pulled out a .500 record. I just don't see who the Ads hope to get unless Judie Mason, who is still in house, wants to get back into things.

Not that I know of but I have a pretty solid source.

Nothing has been “officially” done or reported so I guess technically it is a rumor. If it isn’t true(I have no reason to believe it isn’t true) then there is a serious disconnect going on at Danville. I hope and pray that they do right by Cliff Berry. He overachieved this season as a first year coach and he easily proved that he deserves more than one year as head coach.

Wow this is sad! Cliff Berry and his staff did a great job with NOBODY but one player. Ivy Turner. The Administration let parents get in their ear and they turned their back on Coach Berry. Its time to clean up DHS from the principal to the AD. The same parents that complained on coach Berry was the same ones complaining on Michael Menifee. I guess when you got money and giving it to the school you get your way. The girls team wasn't even good this year all but Ivy Turner, let's see how far they get when she graduates. How can you let a few parents run off a great coaching staff after one year with the team they had, and the year they had. I wish Coach Berry and his staff good luck in the future, and to a lot of ppl in the community support you guys, and yall did a great job. Danville just lost three guys that really cared and loved Danville Girls Basketball.

I'm hearing that's who "certain parents" want, and she wants the job also. It's just wrong how they went behind Coach Berry's back to get this done.

Wow this is sad! Cliff Berry and his staff did a great job with NOBODY but one player. Ivy Turner. The Administration let parents get in their ear and they turned their back on Coach Berry. Its time to clean up DHS from the principal to the AD. The same parents that complained on coach Berry was the same ones complaining on Michael Menifee. I guess when you got money and giving it to the school you get your way. The girls team wasn't even good this year all but Ivy Turner, let's see how far they get when she graduates. How can you let a few parents run off a great coaching staff after one year with the team they had, and the year they had. I wish Coach Berry and his staff good luck in the future, and to a lot of ppl in the community support you guys, and yall did a great job. Danville just lost three guys that really cared and loved Danville Girls Basketball.

Your last sentence is the part that bothers me the most. I moved to this area in the 1998 time frame and one thing that is clearly evident is that the pride that past, present and future Danville Admirals have in their school system is unmatched. Danville graduates send their kids to Danville. Danville graduates who want to become teachers want to come teach at Danville. Danville athletes who played at Danville want to become coaches at Danville. The time, effort and energy that Danville graduates put in to maintaining the legacy of Danville is a large reason behind the success of Danville from academics to the forensics team to athletics. These three coaches are Danville guys through and through and I know that the betrayal and hurt that they feel is something that will take a while to heal.

Lol I heard one of the complaints was the head coach wasnt promoting a certain player well enough, and thats the reason she dont have D1 offers. Like how can a coach make college coaches recruit your daughter. I thought that was your AAU coaches job. This same parent was in on running a previous coach off also.