Open Job: Danville

Lol I heard one of the complaints was the head coach wasnt promoting a certain player well enough, and thats the reason she dont have D1 offers. Like how can a coach make college coaches recruit your daughter. I thought that was your AAU coaches job. This same parent was in on running a previous coach off also.

Seriously? Well for starters, the Danville coaches promoted Ivy(their only realistic player with D-1 ability) extremely well from what I saw. To add to that D-1 offers don’t come from what high school coaches do or say anymore. It ain’t 1979 anymore. D-1 colleges can barely come and watch HS basketball games these days but they can watch all the AAU games they can handle during the live periods. Hell, what is that parent doing to promote their kid? I know plenty of kids who received D-1 offers and their parents did a whole lot of work to make it happen. Instead of looking at Cliff that parent needs to be looking in the mirror.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it official yet? Would Judie be interested in the Mercer County job?

She would be crazy not to look into that job. She would walk into a region contender from day 1. McCombs and Lewis are two legit D1 prospects with McCombs already having one offer.

Edited by Statsdontlie
Spelling

Mercer is a good job, 7th grade group is nice. It will be interesting to see players play now that they are the focus of opposing teams, not just spelling minutes of the bench. The issue with the job, you will be held to a standard that won't come in our lifetime again. 12th region teams are going to by locked and loaded, because of the beat downs the last few years. Region contender, time will tell. Won't be beating teams by 50 points now.