Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16 1st Round: Univ Heights/Campbell County predictions

University Heights vs. Campbell County (at Rupp Arena)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. University Heights vs. Campbell County (at Rupp Arena)

• University Heights (23-7)
    • Campbell County (28-5)

KyKy Tandy (30.5 ppg), arguably the top basketball prospect in the Bluegrass,and his University Heights Blazers are riding a 9-game winning streak into this year's Sweet 16. The Blazers will face off with 10th Region champion Campbell County. The Camels, led by accomplished coach Aric Russell, are taking part in their 3rd Sweet 16 in 4 years and have won 8 straight. Campbell will be looking to get past the opening round for the first time in this run.

Who ya' got? UHA or Campbell?

I think this is will be another great opening round game. Having seen both teams this year, I see the two squads sharing some similarities. Tandy is obviously a stud and I look for him to shine on the Rupp Arena floor, where he just might play more games in the future--and I'm not talking about his high school career. But like MTGL, I think the Camels prevail with their balanced attack of Jolly, Day, Clos, & Wilson. Camels by 1.

By all accounts it sounds like this will be a great game. It's a change for UHA coming from a district tournament where they saw two teams who love to fly up and down the court and then a regional championship that was a physical brawl.

Teams that have given UHA trouble this year are usually big and physical. While The Camels have some size it doesn't sound like it's the type of size that has bothered uha...

This game boils down to UHA being able to defend for long stretches of time in the half court as well as rebounding. If they can do those two things they probably win. If not it could be tough for them to stay in it.

I think Heights has the horses to get this win. So I'll go with UHA in a close one.

Clos and Jolly may not be that tall but do a great job rebounding. The Camels also have some really good defenders lead again by Clos. Jolly, Clos, Day, and Wilson can all score. Camels also have a good bench. Camels can play up and down the floor or a half court game. This is the year Camels get to the final 4. They are just really talented this year

Great first round game. I give the edge to Campbell County. I think 1-5 and beyond they are better. Tandy is going to get his, but I just think CC is too deep for UHA and I think Campbell has a good enough defense to “contain” Tandy (If that’s possible!) by making him work hard for everything and keeping him closer to 20 rather than 30.

Are any of the games going to be on prepspin or all going to be on Khsaa tv?

Don’t discount the uha supporting cast. McGowan, crump and hollowell have been averaging double figures over the last month. Crump has really stepped up his game. And McGowan and hollowell are playing very well.

With all due respect to Campbell county... they don’t have the athletes or size we had to throw at Tandy and he still killed us. We gave the other guys shots and they made them and beat us. Tandy’s Passing has really improved as the year went on and it was on display the other night in the regional title game.

Don’t discount the uha supporting cast. McGowan, crump and hollowell have been averaging double figures over the last month. Crump has really stepped up his game. And McGowan and hollowell are playing very well.

With all due respect to Campbell county... they don’t have the athletes or size we had to throw at Tandy and he still killed us. We gave the other guys shots and they made them and beat us. Tandy’s Passing has really improved as the year went on and it was on display the other night in the regional title game.

With all due respect to UHA, which lost to Bryan Station and barely beat a bad Franklin County team, so Camels will be just fine.

With all due respect to UHA, which lost to Bryan Station and barely beat a bad Franklin County team, so Camels will be just fine.

Tandy was sick at

The Lexington tournament and barley played vs Franklin county and Bryan station was the hottest team in the state at that point.

But those games were 3 months ago. Rather silly to look back that far. I also think McGowan was still recovering from an injury.

Not taking anything away from KyKy but Camels have faced top tier players multiple times this year: Frederick, Kunkle, Allen, Philpot. If Camels are able to carryover their play and momentum from the Regional Semifinal and Final then they'll be a hard out for anyone. Looking forward to an exciting game.

Not taking anything away from KyKy but Camels have faced top tier players multiple times this year: Frederick, Kunkle, Allen, Philpot. If Camels are able to carryover their play and momentum from the Regional Semifinal and Final then they'll be a hard out for anyone. Looking forward to an exciting game.

None of the players above other Kunkle have the same skill set as Tandy.....he presents a unique set of problems.