Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16 1st Round: Univ Heights/Campbell County predictions

University Heights vs. Campbell County (at Rupp Arena)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. University Heights vs. Campbell County (at Rupp Arena)

• University Heights (23-7)
    • Campbell County (28-5)

None of the players above other Kunkle have the same skill set as Tandy.....he presents a unique set of problems.

Never said they did. I see I need to explain it a little clearer for you. Camels have experience playing teams with a top player. Not here to debate skill sets. I would think most intelligent basketball fans on this thread know and understand the players listed all have different things they bring to the table, but still are all very talented players in their own right. UHA has lost 7 games this year.....could this be #8, don't know. However, I do know the Camels will not be intimidated by a singular player and I predict this will be a great game.

Never said they did. I see I need to explain it a little clearer for you. Camels have experience playing teams with a top player. Not here to debate skill sets. I would think most intelligent basketball fans on this thread know and understand the players listed all have different things they bring to the table, but still are all very talented players in their own right. UHA has lost 7 games this year.....could this be #8, don't know. However, I do know the Camels will not be intimidated by a singular player and I predict this will be a great game.

I see I need to be clearer....I don't know who will win or care who wins...but none of the players YOU mentioned presents the challenges that Tandy does.

I see I need to be clearer....I don't know who will win or care who wins...but none of the players YOU mentioned presents the challenges that Tandy does.

Actually you didn't as you are the "MOTO".

UHA in my mind is one of the most improved teams in the state. They have finally figured out how to play defense, which has been their undoing in the past. UHA is also more than Tandy as mentioned above.

However, UHA hasn't been to Rupp in quite some time and while Tandy may not be affected, the others probably will be.

I will pick UHA if they get over jitters quickly, otherwise Camels by 12.

UHA in my mind is one of the most improved teams in the state. They have finally figured out how to play defense, which has been their undoing in the past. UHA is also more than Tandy as mentioned above.

However, UHA hasn't been to Rupp in quite some time and while Tandy may not be affected, the others probably will be.

I will pick UHA if they get over jitters quickly, otherwise Camels by 12.

The two times I saw UHA played, they played approximately 0 defense. If their defense is truly improved I think they will win this game.

Region 10 is one of the better regions in the state. Campbell has played a tough schedule.

UHA did not play a tough schedule overall, but having to get past Hoptown and Christian County, both tough teams, to get through district and Region was no small feat. Heights has been one of the most improved teams since their blowout at All-A. I think you really cannot look at results and that be the best indicator of how they are playing at this point in time.

I think Campbell looks to be more battle tested and probably should be favored(coming from a UHA grad myself), but sometimes the best player on the floor can just takeover a game and that is all you need to win.

UHA is a District 8 team, and that means they love to play fast and get points in transition and force turnovers. UHA's only weaknesses are size and depth. If Campbell can slow the game down and get UHA in foul trouble, they win. If UHA can force turnovers and hit 7-10 3 -pointers, they will win.

Camels have great guard play. Paris is knows for pressing teams and causing lots of turnovers. With the Camels great guard play they blew Paris out by 36. Camels can really handle a press and don’t turn the ball over much at all. Should be a great game to watch.

Camels have great guard play. Paris is knows for pressing teams and causing lots of turnovers. With the Camels great guard play they blew Paris out by 36. Camels can really handle a press and don’t turn the ball over much at all. Should be a great game to watch.

University Heights doesn't press. Sometimes they'll pick up man at 3/4 court but they don't press to create turnovers...